Author Topic: My New Wheels  (Read 5350 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 04:34:02 am
i'd say steve picked himself up one hell of a bargain buy with this particular bike. I've looked at other examples for sale and his unit is in pristine low klm condition.
others available were just worn out crap. look after it mate as I think its something pretty special and that guy must have really loved that particular bike

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 08:32:03 am
It would be one of the better ones around for sure. Certainly the nicest one for sale atm. Rode down highway on monday. Sits on 140kph and smooth as silk. You can even over take at that speed. I dont think its possible to open throttle rihht up. Too fast!

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 12:04:38 pm
Nice looking bike. They haven't been sold in the U.S. for at least 25 years. Ours had cast wheels. I don't want another street bike with tube type tires. I have become very attracted to the new Yamaha SCR950. It looks a lot like a scrambler, but is not off road capable. And it has tube type tires. As far as reliability, when a Japanese bike quits, it's out of gas. I opted for a 2006 Harley 1200 Sportster, because I like primitive bikes, bikes that shake and make noise. And no other bike has that intoxicating Harley exhaust note. Not as reliable as a Japanese bike, but I am not afraid of it breaking down on short to medium distance rides.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 01:16:50 am
Nice looking bike. They haven't been sold in the U.S. for at least 25 years. Ours had cast wheels. I don't want another street bike with tube type tires. I have become very attracted to the new Yamaha SCR950. It looks a lot like a scrambler, but is not off road capable. And it has tube type tires. As far as reliability, when a Japanese bike quits, it's out of gas. I opted for a 2006 Harley 1200 Sportster, because I like primitive bikes, bikes that shake and make noise. And no other bike has that intoxicating Harley exhaust note. Not as reliable as a Japanese bike, but I am not afraid of it breaking down on short to medium distance rides.

Most of the zephyrs have the 3 spoke mags. My one is a limited edition 98 for zephyrs last year in production. I test road a 1200 sportster. My god i wanted it. It was amazing. Just not practical for me though.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 12:26:17 am
as much as i love this bike, it certainly doesnt give me that " Excited in the belly " feeling when i start her up like the enfield did. the enfield certainly was super fun to ride and really great on dirt roads. I took the zephyr down a dirt road the other day and it really didnt like it!