Author Topic: Stalled at freeway speed (Newbie)  (Read 5449 times)

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 02:52:22 am
Arizoni was being "kind" when he said that some of the CGT's came with a kinked petrol hose. Near as I could tell they all came that way. Have to wonder who thought it was a good idea.
Ha!  I will take full credit for discovering and reporting a fix for the “first” occurrence.  ;)
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

jumpymonkey

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 04:44:51 am
I'll check kickstand since I plan to remove that kill switch anyway.

Don't think twice about addressing the side stand switch right away.  It will fail you.  My 2014 CGT (3,000 miles) died suddenly in traffic this past weekend.  Luckily I had enough mo to coast onto a side street.  Bike wouldn't start nor could I hear the fuel pump after turning the key.  Took the cover off the battery compartment, found the side stand switch connector, disconnected it.  Bike fired up and hasn't acted up since.  Thanks to this forum, I had already disconnected the same on my 2016 Desert Storm as a precaution but I forgot to do so on the CGT.

Check the battery connector as well.  My 2016 Desert Storm had issues with that at around 1000 miles.  Bike sputtered, lost power, and I pulled over, bike still idling.  Drove back home slowly with no issues.   Read this forum, checked my battery wiring and found the negative wire connector just barely hanging on due to binding stress/vibration.  Repaired the connector and rerouted the wire.