Author Topic: Why People Buy Royal Enfield (short video)  (Read 3487 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:43:42 pm
I love my Enfield. That is why I am keeping it even though I bought a Sportster. I put a carb on it and a nice looking and sounding silencer. All I need is a pedestrian slicer for the front fender. Even though I am not riding it right now, I still start it up at least once a week, just to see and listen to it run. I plan to ride the Sportster for awhile, then go back to the Enfield. It has just over 10,000 miles, and needs a few things, like tires, and the rear brake fixed.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 03:11:31 pm
Nice little video. Makes a point.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 06:15:18 pm
To be one with all.  The sounds, the sights, the feelings, the smells.  I get this when I ride my Royal Enfield.  I'm not defeating all, I'm one with all.  Life is good and all is right with the world!

Royal Enfield people are good people

Cheers,
Bill
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:14:46 am by Bill Harris »

jefrs

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:25:33 pm
I love my Enfield. That is why I am keeping it even though I bought a Sportster. I put a carb on it and a nice looking and sounding silencer. All I need is a pedestrian slicer for the front fender. Even though I am not riding it right now, I still start it up at least once a week, just to see and listen to it run. I plan to ride the Sportster for awhile, then go back to the Enfield. It has just over 10,000 miles, and needs a few things, like tires, and the rear brake fixed.

If you're in the UK you do not fit a pull-me-over pedestrian cutter, they are only legal on bikes registered up to 2001 and they were fitted only up to 1975-ish. The requirement for a front plate was dropped with good reason, they are dangerous. And not only to pedestrians, more often to yourself getting caught on the wretched thing. Most pre-75 bikes had the front cutter removed. They're only seen on very old vintage and show bikes.
The british bike look is no front cutter.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 08:19:51 pm
So I can't sell you one of these then...

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 04:18:21 pm
they also act like a rudder at speed...which can make cornering at higher speeds, shall we say...Interesting
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Otto_Ing

Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 04:34:22 pm
I bought mine "because" it's far from perfect and it gives me the opportunity to thinker with it. Unfortunately, not many people like to do that those days.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 02:23:30 am
+1! ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 08:02:23 am
If you're in the UK you do not fit a pull-me-over pedestrian cutter, they are only legal on bikes registered up to 2001 and they were fitted only up to 1975-ish. The requirement for a front plate was dropped with good reason, they are dangerous. And not only to pedestrians, more often to yourself getting caught on the wretched thing. Most pre-75 bikes had the front cutter removed. They're only seen on very old vintage and show bikes.
The british bike look is no front cutter.

I'm in the U.S., and I must have one. In the U.S., the Enfield looks like and is often mistaken for a vintage British bike. That front plate just looks right on it.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 02:43:16 pm
I'm in the U.S., and I must have one. In the U.S., the Enfield looks like and is often mistaken for a vintage British bike. That front plate just looks right on it.

I wanted to increase the vintage look on mine, as I do with everything, so I put one on my '08 Classic in 2013.

Mine is from Frampton's in Sheffield, UK. Excellent quality.

Each side is separate and I didn't like, so I did a lot of custom modifying to make them look like a solid piece. Then I prepped and painted the edges (which then looked solid) with automotive lacquer. Looks like a solid casting now (as I believe they originally were back when knights were bold and ladies weren't particular).

www.framptons.net
             plates@framptons.net

Here's a picture during set-up:

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.