Author Topic: Stalled on the road. Now wont start.  (Read 7195 times)

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 05:41:00 pm
Tooseevee, understand your skepticism, somehow the pushrod managed to flip the exhaust valve open just enough to get the the bike to work so i could fix it. I really don't know how since it ran like crap!
 Glad you got it sorted 1 Thump.

Yamahawk

• Charlie the Chaplain
  • Bulleteer
  • Lotsa Bikes!
Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 10:16:03 pm
Hi Amar,
  Have you been able to determine the cause of the ignition slipping? Was it the shaft coming loose, or have you traced it to something else? Also, I haven't heard from you about the Power Arc ignition yet, Pm me when you get a chance.
Charlie
Think about the circumstances of your call...Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks as weak to shame the strong. 1 Cor 1:26-27

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 01:37:23 am
Hi, I'm going to bump this up.  Would like to know the reason the timing slipped. The Boyer is pretty much frictionless and those tapers lock up solid. So, c'mon 1 Thump, I've been lurking since sept.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Yamahawk

• Charlie the Chaplain
  • Bulleteer
  • Lotsa Bikes!
Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 02:48:31 pm
I am curious also, and I hope that Amar is in good health, and has not been in an accident or ill. I pray that he is ok. But, where are you, 1Thump?? We are awaiting the conclusion to your adventure with your timing dilemma!
Charlie
Think about the circumstances of your call...Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks as weak to shame the strong. 1 Cor 1:26-27

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 04:51:50 am
Hi, I'm going to bump this up.  Would like to know the reason the timing slipped. The Boyer is pretty much frictionless and those tapers lock up solid. So, c'mon 1 Thump, I've been lurking since sept.

I have no idea why it slipped. Its back to where it should be and the bike runs solid. Maybe it wasn't tight enough when I changed from PowerArc to Boyer.....but its on now and runs like a champ.

Yamahawk

• Charlie the Chaplain
  • Bulleteer
  • Lotsa Bikes!
Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 10:42:04 am
Glad to hear that you and your bike are doing well! SO, once you set the Boyer back up, it is running like it should.. a Fireball!

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 05:28:57 pm
Well alright then. Easy fix..
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.