Author Topic: Visa and the cashless society  (Read 4521 times)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 03:17:53 am
The people will ask for a cashless society in the name of convenience and of course " safety".
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 10:01:36 am
The people will ask for a cashless society in the name of convenience and of course " safety".
I think the choice to use cash is already being withdrawn and we are already being groomed into using contactless payment. Large and small stores, McDonald's are already at it. Contactless ordering and payment = less staff as well.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 02:51:16 pm
There was talk yesterday on the news that San Francisco is considering doing away with cash as payment for riding their famous cable cars.  The reason given was that the car operators were stealing some of the cash before it made its way into the collection box (something that the local politicians call a "Guido" when they do the same thing). Of course, getting card readers to work on the 100-year old wooden cars and controlling 'hop-ons" is a major technical issue.  ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Yamahawk

• Charlie the Chaplain
  • Bulleteer
  • Lotsa Bikes!
Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 03:36:08 pm
That isn't correct. The banks would like you to keep believing you are totally liable but it isn't that simple.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0213-lost-or-stolen-credit-atm-and-debit-cards

Steve

Steve,
   I like your tag line from Viktor E. Frankl... I read his book, "Man's Search for Meaning" years ago. Good stuff!
Charlie
Think about the circumstances of your call...Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks as weak to shame the strong. 1 Cor 1:26-27