Author Topic: RE 350 racer on fire at Anglesey BHR race meet !!  (Read 1850 times)

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
on: July 25, 2017, 09:38:59 pm
At Anglesey on the weekend, this RE 350 won three of its' four races and took one 2nd place in its' first race.
It also had to stand in for the RE 500 on Sunday, after the 500 took 3rd and 4th places on Saturday, when a cam follower broke as it crossed the finish line. The 350 took two 3rd places in the 500 races and it was 1/5th of a second shy of breaking the pre '62 350 lap record in its' last 350 race.
Apparently, it was reaching 8,800 RPM along the straight, not bad for an old plodder!
First photo by Phil Newell, second photo by Lee Hollick.
 B.W.

Yamahawk

• Charlie the Chaplain
  • Bulleteer
  • Lotsa Bikes!
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 10:43:09 pm
Awesome, Paul!! I like it when the old school bikes do well... I was at Nelson Ledges last weekend, running my RD350 race bike around on the new pavement, and was dicing with a Kaw 600 racer, I was having lots of fun and so was he... He actually couldn't believe I could keep up with him through most of the track, back straight excluded, but at the 'kink' I was not more than 100yds behind him, then I would be on his tail in the corners, sometimes passing him lol... lotsa fun!! Those Continental CR race tires are awesome for old school race bikes with 18" or 19" wheels!

Think about the circumstances of your call...Not many were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were born to a privileged position. But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise, and God chose what the world thinks as weak to shame the strong. 1 Cor 1:26-27

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:47:36 pm
Great results at the track,  B.W.!

Congrats to you and the whole team on a fine effort!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:51:16 pm
Thanks, Ace! The 500 has really turned a corner recently, too, since I shimmed up the inlet valve springs. Once the broken cam follower is replaced, this machine will be back in the fray - it has been doing better than we have seen in a long time  ;)
 B.W.