Author Topic: Nice Looking Electra  (Read 6343 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
on: August 16, 2007, 02:31:43 pm
Here's a nice looking Electra:

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/model_popups/electraclass_pop.jpg

They call it the Electra Classic.

(OK, that might get confusing...

"Are you going to get the Electra or the Classic?"

'Yes.'

"Well, which one, the Electra?"

'The Electra Classic.'

"That's what I'm asking! Which is it? A Classic?"

'Yes, it's the Classic Electra.'

"OK, now I'm just confused.....")

I would have gotten this had I known about it!

-Matt
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:36:42 pm by Thumper »

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:07:35 pm
Matt,
I don't know if I am right 100% or not but here goes:  I ordered my Electra to be outfitted with the Classic Electra Kit to change it from an Electra to a Classic Electra.  This consisted of a new tank, which in my case is two tone chrome and green, and a flared front chrome fender, the same one as you see on your example bike.  The dealer did eveything in his power to have this bike ready for me approx 2 months ago, but the Classic kit didn't come in and still hasn't come in, even though it is bought and paid for.  I took delivery on the bike anyway.

I have been told that Kevin at CMW has done everything in his power to get these kits delivered, and is even considering taking a trip to India to get these orders filled.  I am sure there are some dissatisfied riders out there.  I for one am trying to be patient, as I am pretty doggoned pleased with my bike as it is.  I still like the looks of the Classc better though, at least I think I do.  My dealer is a real likeable fellow so I am not into bugging him.  Like him and I have discussed, for most of us motorcycles are just big boy toys, we don't really have to have one.  Kind of like a motor boat.  Now if it was kind of like lacking air conditioning here in South West Georgia in August, or not having an indoor toilet, nows thats something to get upset about.  Not toys.
Terry

Electra Classic.'[/i]

"That's what I'm asking! Which is it? A Classic?"

'Yes, it's the Classic Electra.'

"OK, now I'm just confused.....")

I would have gotten this had I known about it!

-Matt
[/quote]

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:22:13 pm
Before I bought my green X, I fell in love with the classic version of the Electra on the British web site. The Brits also have a front-end similar to the India-only Thunderbird model. It consists of a chrome headlight shell and twin gages. The folks at CMW said these were plastic and as good as they looked in photos, but it sure would be something if they were good quality. That sort of setup, along with the 60s style upswept silencer would combine to look like an Intercepter. When I couldn't get those options, I went with my second choice, and I am glad I did.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:31:02 pm
Matt,
I don't know if I am right 100% or not but here goes:  I ordered my Electra to be outfitted with the Classic Electra Kit to change it from an Electra to a Classic Electra.  This consisted of a new tank, which in my case is two tone chrome and green, and a flared front chrome fender, the same one as you see on your example bike.  The dealer did eveything in his power to have this bike ready for me approx 2 months ago, but the Classic kit didn't come in and still hasn't come in, even though it is bought and paid for.  I took delivery on the bike anyway.

Well, let us know when it comes in, and snap some pictures for us. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results!

Maybe I can ask Santa for some goodies this year...

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 04:08:15 pm
I emailed Watsonian Squire a couple of weeks ago, about something they sold.. never bothered to answer me.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 02:40:03 am
They have never answered any of my emails either

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 02:28:01 am
I've looked at several RE accessories sites, but have always got great service from CMW. I had even considered buying the chrome tank from the classic kit, but just my chrome gas cap can sometimes blind me. Don't know how bad it would be with the whole tank shiny. Makes me wonder how my neighbor could stand to ride his Hodaka on a sunny day.

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 04:53:27 pm
Whuch luggage rack did you buy? I have ordered the small chrome one with built-in bag brackets. I hope I made a good decision, as the stand-alone btackets are terribly overpriced.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 05:40:43 pm
Whuch luggage rack did you buy? I have ordered the small chrome one with built-in bag brackets. I hope I made a good decision, as the stand-alone btackets are terribly overpriced.

My luggage rack doesn't have built in brackets. I got the stand-alone brackets which are terribly overpriced ;-) But they definitely do the job.

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 02:18:40 am
I wasn't originally planning on buyimg the combo unit with the rack, but for the price, I don't have much choice (limited allowance for toys). After thiinking about it, I'm kinda glad I did. The rack will come in  habdy for strapping down a duffle bag of pack tent when I take multi-day trips.