HPRE

Menu

78 Guests, 1 User
Gesewa

Author Topic: Has Anyone Here bought a TripMachine Royal Enfield Tank Pouch?  (Read 435 times)

jakebarrell

• Neophyte
  • Motorcycle Enthusiast
I came across this link on TripMachine Accessories for Royal Enfield & I am considering purchasing the Tank Pouch for my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500. I want to get some opinions before I decide to buy it!

Link- http://bit.ly/2taMjBI
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:25:01 am by jakebarrell »

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
Re: Has Anyone Here bought a TripMachine Royal Enfield Tank Pouch?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:19:54 am »
   That's a very good looking pouch!
   Be careful about it being a magnetic, though, as there have been a lot of reports of the magnetic style rubbing and damaging paint. They don't show the attachment side of the thing, so no way to tell if there's any proper protection for your paint.
   That said, if it's made of real leather, the $45.00 price is very nice!
'12 C5 Classic,
'06 Electra X AVL

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:56:05 am »
Is there some type of plastic protective coating that could be applied to the paint to prevent scratches?  I have seen some sort of product on the front end of Porsche and Audi cars to prevent rock chips.

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:50:26 pm »
   I haven't found anything specific to the RE.
   Plenty of choices out there, but most seem to assume specific contact area(s) on the tank, usually on the center line.
   Application of clear vinyl tape (say. 2 inches wide) in the contact areas would help, and depending on your artistic ability could come out nicely, but down the road it will need to replaced to keep a decent look.
   I went with the parcel grills to avoid replacement of old tape.
'12 C5 Classic,
'06 Electra X AVL

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:26:21 pm »
Is there some type of plastic protective coating that could be applied to the paint to prevent scratches?  I have seen some sort of product on the front end of Porsche and Audi cars to prevent rock chips.
I had a ducati tank and fairing done with a protective plastic that was visually undetectable, and it did the job exceptionally well.
Something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=KLWprn5jTXw
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
S Rioghal Mo Dhream

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 07:10:15 am »
Link to their site:

http://thetankslapper.biz/

I don't see RE in their list, though one of the kits may be adaptable.
'12 C5 Classic,
'06 Electra X AVL

ren

• Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 06:02:33 am »
I have just bought the leather tank pouch from Trip Machine in tobacco colour. I'm in the UK and delivery took about eight days. It looks great on my new black Classic Chrome (Euro 4 model) and the magnets are very strong.

I can't comment yet on longer term use or whether it might scratch the tank but other reviews on the TM site suggest that it doesn't shift about in use, so that this should minimise any scratching. As others say, some sort of protective layer might be an idea but that's not specific to this bag in particular, it's something that could be considered for any tank bag.

This is a fine looking pouch, easily able to hold a phone, keys etc. though it should not be stuffed too much as that may distort the base and make it adhere less fully to the tank.

It cost me in the UK about 48 with postage and there is nothing I've seen to rival it really. A great purchase and well worth it my view.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 06:27:02 am by ren »

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 10:35:53 am »
Just ordered one in Black.
Looks to be a good match for my bikes.
'12 C5 Classic,
'06 Electra X AVL

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 07:42:07 am »
   Arrived last Thursday.
   Almost a 2 month wait, but VERY well made! Excellent quality. And the interior is suede.  8)
   Looks good mounted to the tank top, but I've decided to mount it inside the sidecar for the missus to store her i-phone and ear buds.

Interesting postage application, too! The outside of the package was nearly covered by 138 postage stamps, each valued at "500".  :o
   This makes the second package received from India with odd packaging. The first was the one with the linen wrapping.  :)

'12 C5 Classic,
'06 Electra X AVL