Author Topic: Why do we ride? video  (Read 2257 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 02:31:32 pm
That one came out a few years ago. Still a good story.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 07:21:36 pm
It's one of those things that really can get to my heart.

The older I get, the more I can identify with those riders, their dreams and their love of motorcycling.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 04:36:46 pm
Sorry, if that was a re-run. I assumed it was fairly new. It was so emotionaly powerful, I was spontaneously brought to tears.  :'( Thought maybe some of us could relate to that. ???
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 01:25:06 am
No worries, Narada. It's a worthwhile film.
  Personally, I hit the trifecta in July of 2015. I went into the hospital for a catheter job on my heart to clean up the artery situation. What was going on was on the video screen. While on the table the doctor showed me on the video that blood was not circulating into my heart. No simple catheter up my arm was going to work. It was time for the old triple bypass, open heart job.
  After four days in the hospital I went home. I couldn't even think about pushing around an FJR1300. I sold it. After a few months I saw a 2014 GT on eBay in the Pittsburgh, PA area. My neighbor rolled it off the trailer for me when I got it home.
   The GT is fun. People are more wowed than most bikes. The Carpy header weighs less the stock. The HD XL silencer weighs less than stock. It's lightweight, responsive and it makes me feel like Lawrence of Arabia on a good day. Fortunately, I am a lot younger than 81 and I don't have cancer. Seeing that movie helps everyone appreciate just being able to still ride. ;)
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 06:08:02 am
I found this quote from a book "The Perfect Vehicle" Which about say's it all --
"RIDING A MOTORCYCLE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL JOYOUS, POWERFUL, PEACEFUL, FRIGHTENED, VULNERABLE AND BACK TO HAPPY AGAIN, PERHAPS IN THE SAME TEN MILES.--IT IS LIFE COMPRESSED, IT'S OWN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION--WHY."