Author Topic: so I bought an Intake Turbulator for the X  (Read 5437 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
on: August 16, 2007, 02:25:18 am
came today with the fuel filters, and the exhaust gaskets.. :D and and and ;D

http://www.royalenfieldusa.com/intake-turbulator-great-customer-reviews-p-6556.html

so anyone other than Hans tried one?

and why is he going to use 2 ???

just curious ::)

wondering If I will have to change jets, wondering wondering :P

justin_o_guy

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:37:45 am
Don't they come with the Hop Up kits? I have no idea how good they work, but the idea seems reasonable, but then, the idea of making me go to school surely sounded like a good idea to someone, but I am not so sure it worked all that well. I wonder if a guy could build one of those turbulator doohickeys easy enough?

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:38:12 am
Scotty, I put one in my Bullet classic and there was definately an improvement in throttle response. As soon as I twisted the throttle just setting there I could tell the difference. When shifting to second I noticed the bike jump like I was speed shifting. Definately a good investment, at least on my bike.   Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 02:54:27 am
sounds good to me Hutch..   8)    I let yall know my thoughts when I get it on..after the garage cOOls doWn a tad   :o

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 03:17:33 am
I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has tried one on the Electra with a CMW performance carb.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:01:39 pm
When I was still a foilhead (Ural owner) earlier this year and window shopping on the CMW site, the Turbulator caught my eye. I wondered if it would be worthwhile for my Urals. So I posted the question to the IMZ Ural forum and got overwhelmingly negative responses. Snake oil, sham and waste of money were some of the more polite assessments.

A broader Web search seemed to be split: Those who swear by devices like this and those who think it's a lot of malarkey.

I guess I fall into the latter camp. Having a performance kit installed and being 100% pleased with the results, I can't imagine an add-on like this doing anything but partially obstructing the air intake flow.

I was amused at the review where the dude bought a pair of them. Maybe by doubling them up, he thinks he'll double the effect.

(Ok, ok, maybe he's got an Enfield twin....).

In my opinion, there's no substitute for tried and true sound engineering. The Turbulator just doesn't seem to qualify. However, I am open-minded: just show me verifiable results!

Matt

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 03:44:20 pm
hmmm, so i did the old Google trick and found this http://www.mklsportster.com/xlturbulator.htm

also read where just matching things up better would do the same.

Also read where it can lean out the engine.. I don't know if that's a good idea on the lean burn engine.. sure don't want to fry a piston.

we'll see..  well it's off to work, got to open my store.

Take care and have a good day.. temps in the 100's agAin 

deejay

Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 03:46:05 pm
for $10, seems like its worth a try.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 06:10:37 pm
I first saw those things in J.C. Whitney in the 1960s when I was a kid. Right on the same page as the mile-a-more fuel regulator which guaranteed unrealistic gas mileage and horsepower claims. Always thought they were snake oil, but I haven't tried one so I don't know for sure. Ten bucks is pretty cheap for a hp increase, just bolt it on and give it a try.....Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!