Author Topic: Looking for a bullet in Central Illinois  (Read 2795 times)

Archersix

• Scooter
on: September 17, 2008, 09:52:36 pm
Ok, here's the deal. I live in Springfield, Illinois. I've been looking at these bikes on the internet for about five or six years, and now I want to buy one. Does anyone have one for sale in Springfield, or anywhere near here? The closest dealer is in peoria, and I'm not ruling out driving there, but I just called him on the phone, and the person I talked to didn't exactly inspire any confidence, if you know whatI mean...

..so, anyone?

Archersix

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:58:28 pm
Also, I should say hi to everyone. Right now, I have two bikes, so, I might trade( that is if anyone wants a '96 honda shadow that needs some work), I'm keeping the xs650! And, I'll consider anything in the midwest, but the closer to springfield, the better...thanks.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:18:10 am
are you looking for new or used??
have a look at
http://www.interstatemotorcycles.com/images/Inventory/index.htm
if you can do new; I know it is a little bit of a drive but Slam knows motorcycles.
This is what you need to do-
call Slam and do a deal with plans to be picked up next Thursday or Friday...
it just so happens that he is sponsoring a rally that week end -
http://www.interstatemotorcycles.com/PDF/2008%20Rally%20on%20the%20River.pdf
enjoy the rally and I'll be glad to trailer your new baby home for you on Sunday!!  I'm down in Charleston so you aren't  to far out of my way. I'm going to be trailering mine down anyway so what the hey.
                        - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Archersix

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:08:06 pm
Mike, thanks for the offer. unfortunately, travelling that weekend is out of the question..And I know that I'm in a kind of wasteland as far as RE dealers go, but I'm hoping someone will have one around here that they want to sell.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 09:23:19 pm
WASTELAND IS RIGHT!  I drove 6 hours to get mine up in Goshen Indiana.  Never did go back to the dealer because of the miles. He was cool with me doing the required maintenance...  he has since retired and is focussing on land speed records. Interstate motorcycles in Rolla did some work for me 2 years ago. Well worth the miles! It has only been in once 6 years and almost 27,000 miles. Don't be afraid to drive a little to get it; you can do the work yourself.
          Good luck with the hunt - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Robb

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 09:14:16 pm