Author Topic: 2012 Truimph Scrambler Rig  (Read 12364 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 08:30:10 pm
Memorial day weekend sidecar adventure posted under Ride Reports  8);

https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php/topic,25245.0.html
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 11:36:58 am
  Nice job Narada  !  Looking great.    8)

+1!  And, it looks like you don't have to yank the silencers to remove the back wheel...

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 03:07:31 am
If you can't see the pictures in this (or other) post, try Arizoni's instructions on this link;

https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php/topic,25575.0.html

Awesome fix! :) :) :)

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 03:05:48 am
Put over 2,700 miles (and counting) on the rig this Spring and Summer, now going into Fall.  :)

Yesterday was my wifes birhtday. What did she ask for? That we take the sidecar out in the San Juan Islands for the day.  :o  She didn't have to twist my arm for that!  8)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 06:00:28 pm
Let’s see now, where was I before Photo-bastard, I mean bucket cut me off… oh yeah, early last July I bought an Avon Triple Duty tire for the Rig.  The Metzler Tourance which came on the sidecar had rotted and the sidewalls were badly cracked!  :o  As it turned out, the Metzler had a smaller O.D. than it should have and that was causing the rig to lean just enough for a constant pull to the right.  This was cured once a proper sidecar tire was installed.  New tire also had thicker or more firm sidewall with a flat tread surface, all of which gave better stability. 

I stopped by the manufacturer of my sidecar (DMC) in Enumclaw WA (on my way out for a 4 day mountain camping trip) to have them look at my sidecar shock. The old lower shock bushing was gone and needed replacement immediately.  Rather than wait for a bushing to be shipped, I purchased a new Hagon.

Combined with the new suspension bushing I’d previously bought, and new (actually correct) sidecar tire, things were put into pretty darn good shape.  Stability is now excellent. Cornering is much improved, and driving straight is now comfortable and relaxed. 70 mph cruising speed (in a straight line) is no problem, with power to spare, but I do prefer to keep it more around 50 mph or less to enjoy the ride. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:14:59 pm by Narada »

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 07:53:09 pm
I had been having a problem with my bags slouching over the sides and back of the cargo rack, and one day during a trip, my large bag drooped right over my brake light and turn signal making it kind of hard to change lanes or stop… so I figured I had to do something.  It also just seemed that if you are going to haul a load, it should be on a level surface.

I just happened to have some excess ¾” plywood from a new shed floor and used some other various scraps to make this with.  It is very solid and fits perfectly, having used the rack itself as a jig while building it.

At the campsite it can be used as a bench or table, and it lifts right off once gear is off loaded.  I’ve used it all summer and it has performed quite well.  I used some left over trim paint from my house (dark red) to seal the wood from the elements.  I’m not sure what others do, but this worked for me.