Author Topic: Maroon tank badges for red/maroon RE's  (Read 2099 times)

Simon Taylor

• Scooter
  • There's a "Bullet" with my name on it!
on: April 14, 2017, 04:34:01 pm
Maroon tank badges for red/maroon RE's

(I am trying to post this on as many RE forums, Yahoo and Facebook groups as possible.)

Sometime ago, I wrote an article that appeared on this forum and also in The Gun magazine concerning the scarcely seen maroon tank badges produced in 1955-6. click link below to see article.

http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/forum/7/15692/Royal_Enfield_motorcycle_tank_motifs_1955-56#post_90398

If you have a red or Maroon RE of any age, these tank badges are just a natural for your pride and joy. Having had a word with Mark Mumford, I find that the more familiar gold badges are still made by the same company that knocked them out for RE. So I am asking how many people would be interested in a pair of Maroon tank badges with the aim of setting up a deal with the company for manufacture of them. Mark has suggested that due to the low volume of production, the gold ones are hand painted, so why not have them paint some in the original maroon colour?

What I really need is somebody to have one sampled so we can get the 'Pantone' numbers for the colour. If not, then maybe the company still have records of the original.

I am prepared to bear the initial cost of production, and charge the same as for normal badges. If there are additional set up costs, then I will wear them as I want a pair for Kevin.
1959 Meteor Minor De Luxe "Kevin"
1994 Military bullet "Tornado"