Author Topic: Newbie from South Wales – UK  (Read 2351 times)

Nasher

• Scooter
on: March 31, 2017, 07:43:48 pm
Hi all, I’m new to the forum

Purchased a used RE Continental GT (in red) a couple of weeks ago – pic of me collecting her.

That’s why the weather here has gone from ice to rain!

I bought it for ‘popping’ out on – slip on the open face, leather jacket and go – rather than a serious blasting motorcycle.

Took her out for her first ride yesterday, to a café for a coffee naturally, and thoroughly enjoyed riding in an open face helmet for the first time in about 45 years.

So far I’ve put a reverse gear lever on it, an AEW silencer (more like a noisier!) on it and some graphics.

I looked on here to work out how to make it race/GP shift  and put the aforementioned reverse gear lever on it, the lever is a bit short for my little feet, so I’ll be looking for a better solution/longer gear lever. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Mirrors only seem to work ok up to about 40mph, so may be looking to fit something better.

My other bikes are a Gixer 750, a 1972 Honda 350 race bike and a 70’s Yamaha air cooled race bike that I am currently restoring.

Thanks to the many posters who have posted their knowledge and experience on the forum, it’s been a great help.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 09:19:38 pm
Nice!

Welcome to the forum!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

gavinfdavies

• Bulleteer
  • Noli Timere Messorem
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:51:24 am
Not sure if you still visit here, but hello! I'm in South Wales too, Newport to be exact. How you getting on with the bike? Mine should be back on the road soon, with a few more performance upgrades... of course!

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:57:56 pm
Looking good!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 12:04:21 am
Vibrating mirrors  -  try a set of OEM style bar end mirrors.  They solved my not being able to see problem, but all of the vibration is still there.

Nasher

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 10:54:36 am
Well it's time for a (belated) annual update.

Fitted new £10 ebay mirrors (posted on this forum about them) brilliant.

Other than that, I've just ridden it!

Done about 2000 miles, including a blast around Kent where I 'grew up' (in reality I have never grown up, so I just got older there!) it was nice blasting a bike that offers a classic experience (without the hassle) around the lanes I rode in the 60's & 70's.

It needed a service  - I was going to do it myself but had my classic race honda to prepare for it's annual trip to the Classic TT. So took it to a local dealer who charged me £100 including a new clutch cable. Quite frankly at that price It wasn't/isn't worth doing it myself!

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and am looking forward to some more blasts now that spring is (almost) here.