HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

View in my Mirror

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

73 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 02:25:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parcel Grill Tank Attachment  (Read 569 times)

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
Parcel Grill Tank Attachment
« on: March 30, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »
  There's been small mention of Parcel Grill tank attachment methods, mostly discussing how the suction cups end up marring the paint finish.
  A couple of methods have been proposed, including adding felt pads in the cups.
  -I tried the felt pads, but in time they still scuffed the paint finish.
  -I tried clear vinyl tape, but felt it looked like sh*t and the cups didn't attach any better than without.

I found a $1.00 package of Velcro that included 1" (25.4mm) rounds and thought "Why not?", and since each pack contained 6ea hook, and 6ea loop rounds I bought two packs.
   They can easily be removed, no marring of the finish, and easily replaced.

Start by applying the hook side (with loop side attached) to the four cups on the grill. Press the Velcro down into the cup for maximum adhesion.
   Then simply placed the grill in an optimal position on the tank, and firmly press again.
   Leave in place overnight.
   The grill can now be easily removed by simply separating the velcro at each point of it's attachment.

Hook side on the cups.
   Loop side on the tank, with grill removed.

Grill on the tank.
'12 C5 Classic,
'06 Electra X AVL

Gesewa

• Neophyte
Re: Parcel Grill Tank Attachment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 10:39:15 am »
Great idea.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 02:32:35 pm »
Looks good. Can you actually put anything on the grid without the actual grid detaching from the Velcro fastening?

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 11:09:52 pm »
   The Velcro is not the strongest out there, so I wouldn't expect it to hold if my tank bag was attached only to it.   I'm using the Velcro to hold the grill in place mostly for the sporty look. At a steady 65mph it holsd by itself just fine, but when I take it to Aurora this Spring/Summer I'll be putting my tank bag on top of the grill then using the bag straps around the tank to secure it.
'12 C5 Classic,
'06 Electra X AVL