aboard

Author Topic: List of Dealers  (Read 6641 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 10:34:21 pm
Triumph Seattle presents the RE's in a nice way on their site I think. IMHO it can really be a conundrum to name a dealership after the brand you sell. John Doe's Motorsports covers a lot of territory while XXXbrand of XXXX is very limiting. What happens when you fall out of love with that brand?

The big brands don't make you name your dealership after them - or at least Triumph, Piaggio, Ducati to name a few. On the other hand it states clearly where your interest lies. With the current algorithm Google uses you don't need the brands name to get placement. 

Some of our former dealers used RE of XXX and then URAL of XXX etc. until they had a name for every brand. In the long run they all found it to be a mistake.

No right answer, just more questions
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

2014BulletC5

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 04:22:16 am
I visited Motorcycles of Dulles a few months back to talk to the service department. The shop foreman told me they'd sold about a dozen bikes. This was in late August or early September so that's probably gone up a bike or two.

MOD sells BMW and Triumph primarily. The dealership is one building but it is sort of split in half with BMW on one end and T on the other. Used bikes and the RE bikes are sort of displayed in the middle. The RE brand still feels a bit like an afterthought or experiment in my opinion. They aren't really displayed and they don't sell any shirts or branded gear. Not that they need to go bananas with the stuff but a shirt or two would be nice.
Royal Enfield!  3/4 Ton Up!

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 10:00:40 am
Cycles of Silver Spring has shirts in stock right now.  Also have a green GT, squadron Blue c5, army green c5, and a chrome and graphite c5 in the store.  At least as of Friday.  It's only about 45 min to an hour from Dulles...You should stop by and say hay!

2014BulletC5

• Scooter
Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 04:02:41 am
I've been to the Marylnad shop. Stopped in awhile ago and bought a few parts. Nice little shop.

As I've said it is a shame RENA couldn't work something out with Winchester Motosports.

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: November 08, 2017, 06:17:48 pm
Both of those dealers were/are really good dealers. They weren't our biggest dealers but they had happy customers which was our benchmark for who we wanted and who we didn't. Thus far I am hearing pretty good things about the new RENA dealers. I notice of late they are putting in some "Mom and Pop" stores which bodes well.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

2014BulletC5

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 07:37:23 am
Last time I talked to Mike at Winchester about them retaining the RE brand I got the distinct impression that Carl was fed up with RENA.

Carl had been selling RE for a long time. Said he sold 10-12 bikes a year and had people bring bikes in for service from PA, VA, MD and DC. Maybe he wasn't the biggest dealership but I think he represented the brand well.

solg

• Grease Monkey
  • /Users/solgualtieri/Desktop/165532_489778052839_61
Reply #36 on: February 11, 2018, 08:38:07 am
Nothing wrong with pretty but the ability to pull a good espresso shot is prerequisite to looks. At least it is up here in WA., coffee consumption capitol of the U.S.
    Agreed!
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. FZ

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 12:28:30 pm
For what it's worth, I've just cobbled together a slapdash little shared Google Map of those dealerships titled, Royal Enfield Dealerships in USA and Canada--This map might be useful for the saddle-weary Royal Enfield tourer far from home who may be in need of professional help. But then if you're touring on a Royal Enfield it's probably already beyond debate that you need "professional help"

Anyone should be able to view and even edit or add to it at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OW9HZ8aTKCuvtyXnsaQdYFE0GnXPGvmG&usp=sharing.  Bookmarking it on one's phone prior to any really long voyages on your Enfield might not be the worst thing. No, the worst thing to bookmark might be this travel music...unless the theme of the tour is maybe Psychotic Three State Killing Spree.

The only dealership lacking on the map from "firecaptp7's" original post from about a year ago is "Lawless, Spokane Washington".  Apart from a mouldering Facebook announcement with a link deader than Caesar's cat and some old stats from a now-defunct web domain, there seems no longer to be any trace of them...just a similarly-named lawn services company in town. Maybe it was a family-run shop, but they decided the real money's in mulch. Shame really, since who honestly wouldn't prefer Xena the Warrior Princess (aka. Lucy Lawless) to personally deliver that desperately needed clutch plate at some woodland rest stop?

"Does this work for you?"

I did not yet add the highly-regarded folks at Winchester Motosports here in Virginia to the map, since they were not on that new dealership list as such.  Still, since one imagined purpose of this map might be to help Enfield tourers get needed help on the road far from home, anyone should feel free to lob them in. Based on what I've heard, I, for one, would have no reservations whatsoever in giving them a ring if I were stuck out there on the beautiful Skyline Drive or thereabouts on those lovely Enfield-ideal twisties of western Virginia and West Virginia.

Anyhow, Share and Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:23:22 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal in India.

Marc J

• Neophyte
Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 04:40:52 pm
The dealer Rockland Wheels is in Rockland  Ontario (near Ottawa), and not  in Oakville, Ontario.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 01:32:38 pm
The dealer Rockland Wheels is in Rockland  Ontario (near Ottawa), and not  in Oakville, Ontario.

Well, at least it's already where it ought to be in that Google Map I cobbled together

Also, just for the hell of it I went ahead and added Winchester Motosports in Clear Brook, Virginia. After all, they can still fix 'em, right?
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal in India.

Bmadd34

• Grease Monkey
Reply #40 on: July 15, 2018, 05:26:41 pm
Team Power Sports, Raleigh NC
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

sjbiat

• Scooter
Reply #41 on: July 26, 2018, 02:22:26 pm
Thanks for the map!  I only last week discovered my closest dealer, Locomotion.  They do walk-ins on Saturdays and that worked out well for an oil change & chain adjust.  They charged extra labor for a sidecar - anyone know if that is standard?
stephan
2009 C5 with Cozy sidecar

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #42 on: July 26, 2018, 08:53:14 pm
I don't know about standard charges but if I had to change oil on a RE sidecar rig for someone else, I would charge extra.

With the sidecar right in the way of everything oil related I think the job would be a real pain in the arse.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 06:42:52 pm
They charged extra labor for a sidecar...

Tipping the bike side-to-side is a bitch with the sidecar attached...

Morgan60

• Neophyte
Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 01:58:00 pm
Lawless Motorcycle Superstore in Spokane Valley, WA  Is not in bizzness any longer and should be removed from you Royal Enfield dealer list.
2008 Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Brown on order