Author Topic: Rod Copes interview in American Motorcyclist  (Read 2221 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 17, 2016, 03:29:40 pm
Rob Copes, RENA's president, is interviewed in the AMA's monthly magazine, American Motorcyclist. While he doesn't say much that you don't already know, he did mention that RE sold "about 400 to 500" units per year during the past 10 years with their "independent distributor".  He also says that he expects to see sales ramp up over the next several years and they expect to sell "thousands of motorcycles each year in North America".

Right now the company has 32 dealers throughout both the U.S. and Canada. However, RENA apparently expects to both expand their dealer network and add additional "motorcycle platforms", which will make the increased sales possible. 

Mr. Copes says that "We believe our customer demographics are quite broad, including the millennials to the older vintage guys that grew up riding Royal Enfield motorcycles in the '60s. They are also perfect motorcycles for those new to motorcycling." (However, referencing that statement I would comment: only if they install an automatic transmission on their bikes.  ::) )
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 02:02:38 am
After a year of effort, RENA has managed to get 30 (at latest count today) dealers in the USA.

The nearest dealer to me here in Phoenix, Arizona is still over 350 miles away (700 miles round trip).  :o >:(

I don't know what the hold up is but when people ask me where they can buy a Royal Enfield and my answer is Brea, California they just shrug their shoulders and say things like, "In other words, there aren't any dealers."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 09:50:15 pm by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 05:00:32 am
Yep, forget  about Alaska. Even though we have one of the highest per capita population to motorcycle ratios.
RIP to Trails End BMW & Royal Enfied of Fairbanks.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:08:20 am by REpozer »
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)