Author Topic: Six point fitting.  (Read 4656 times)

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
on: September 06, 2016, 08:20:10 pm
Spotted this one for sale. Not much chance of frame flex with those fittings. It's a 93 Bullet with a 60's Watsonian chair.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:31:47 pm
Right hand side sidecars are more problematic with a kick starting bike.   Well and truly fixed though.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:45:01 pm
The bike and sidecar are very close together.

That seems better to me.  Is there a standard rule for what that distance should be? 

I have a Cozy Rocket with mounting kit so, until I put my rig together I'm assuming it has been well engineered and will turn out correct, but that is the one thing I wonder about.
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 09:11:58 pm

That seems better to me.  Is there a standard rule for what that distance should be? 

I have a Cozy Rocket with mounting kit so, until I put my rig together I'm assuming it has been well engineered and will turn out correct, but that is the one thing I wonder about.

You'll be o.k. Once the sidecar is fitted there is always a bit of time fine tuning. You know when you've got it right if you can hold the bike in a straight line easily with one finger. I have no experience with the Cozy, but I have found through experience with others, a set of heavier rated springs on the rear shocks helps greatly if you are carrying a passenger, and also a steering damper. Here's a picture of my friends Vincent with a Steib fitted, the track is quite wide, and he runs with a bit of ballast on the sidecar. I've followed it many times on twisty roads, and it handles well. :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:34:25 pm by malky »
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 06:31:48 am

I think it's too close together too.

There is an ideal position to mount the sidecar both in terms of width and also lead, it depends on the wheelbase of the bike.