Author Topic: Another ebay "classic"  (Read 9982 times)

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 12:26:58 am
Get them to join the forum and share their experiences. It's always good to get this sort of info from "the horses mouth" so to speak. Some photos would be good.

One was a bloke on another forum, he had the 350 and changed the carb.  The other was the bloke I bought my sidecar from, it was mounted to his 500 RE amongst other things.    He has trouble with his eyesight and has lost his license, he is now bike less.

I will post a stack of pics when mine finally arrives. The thing that concerns me the most is that it's spent since February stuck in a crate in a tropical climate with high humidity.   I'm hoping it's OK.

I have the old style seats for it, and a load of brass parts that I sourced in India so as to keep it all original, and that barn door windscreen will have to go as it does not look right on a sports machine. Roll on the 16th !

In the mean time here's some more pics....

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 08:47:29 am
One was a bloke on another forum, he had the 350 and changed the carb. 

Which forum is this please?
                                             The other was the bloke I bought my sidecar from, it was mounted to his 500 RE amongst other things.    He has trouble with his eyesight and has lost his license, he is now bike less.

So sad when this happens. Thankfully my senses are still sharp enough to see what's going on.

I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 10:03:23 am
Which forum is this please?
So sad when this happens. Thankfully my senses are still sharp enough to see what's going on.

The UK forum...
Well, it arrived today as promised, but the forwarding company hasn't sent the docs through. It is better, much better than I expected. I have taken some video and a couple of photos, but Youtube is stuck on processing the video, so I cant post it. The bike is largely new parts as described, and the paint is mostly to an Indian standard. Chrome of all Indian parts seems to be rubbish, but then that is what they accpet as standard. Suits me.New battery, tyres, cables, chain, rims, brake gear instruments, lights, horn. Spare cables, full workshop manual, gasket set, inner tubes, condensers, points, oil and air filters, mirrors, new tool kit, engine bars and a tailor made RE bike cover all included. Bike, as you will see in the video was extremely well wrapped and crated. Engine number and frame number do not appear to have been tampered with, scratched back to bare metal. There were over 20 dessicant bags taped all over the bike, but there was some mould starting to appear on the seat cover due to high humidity, which wiped down with Dettox. Bike was dusty from travel but easily cleaned. Only a couple of small blemishes in the paint work, not in high visibility areas. Oils in engine and box are all mid level and clean, no fuel of course. All in all, I cannot fault what I have paid for. Madaan Motors gets my vote, in the end.

Well, nearly a hundred miles now, and a reassuring light mist of oil on the head, but sadly no oil drips on the garage floor. Starts first kick (but needs choke?). Need to sort out a mid range fluffing when opening throttle wide open. Mrs Essex Bird has been on the back of Bhaji to go to the pub and has indicated that this is an acceptable form of entertainment, and a passably hilarious form of transport. So that is the biking budget signed off for the year. I have decided to leave the supplied engine bars off, and the modern mirrors mean the supplied cover doesn't fit. Anyone got a clue about the leaking fuel cap? Seems to fit Ok, maybe just get a seal for it. When is the Hollyville Cafe meeting? .....

.....Evening, just fitted an Amal 26mm carb new from the owners of the forum, very nice too. The Mikcarb was poor quality and often leaked. Currently repainting the grab handle, regulator mounting bar and electrics underseat cover before fitting a Boyer Bransden rectifier/regulator. Also have a Boyer Bransden electronic ignition to fit in the next couple of weeks, then off for the MOT. It will be road tax free next year..... Engine is sweet and virtually oil leak free, but I haven't done a lot of miles. The Royals Enfield timing cover remains leak free..... Happy to see more peeps are chancing their arm with Madaan motors, it worked for me.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:19:58 am by Blod »

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 10:44:28 am
My bike is on the final boat !

And I know exactly where it is..... It's it's there !

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 06:44:14 pm
Thankfully my senses are still sharp enough to see what's going on.

What's going on malky ?

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 04:15:57 pm

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 04:36:47 pm

The Tsingtao Express is owned by Hapag-Lloyd AG, one of the largest container ship companies in the world, and the ship itself is one of the largest container ships in the world. The ship is registered in Hamburg, Germany. Wikipedia

Length: 1,101′

Draft: 48′

Builder: Hyundai Heavy Industries

milestoneman

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 11:19:46 pm
i purchased a bike from india , it arrived in uk when arranged , full docs and original indian log book , cost me £280 in duty vat and customs clearance , i had it collected by a local company and delivered to scotland for £52 , un packed pallet , put petrol in tank and third kick it was runnning , i recieved new headlamp ,tail lamp speedo , full cable set ,tool kit and manual ,had it tested on chassis number sent all docs for registration  with fee and it was on the road with age related plate , this one was un restored ,ex indian army , took the chance and was lucky , ps brake shoes ,suspension and tyres were new , have seen some horror story machines from india , asia , best viewing on a short vacation , most the ones if not all are indian restorations , cant think of anyone who buys restores and sells , labour is cheap in india,

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 11:31:14 pm
i purchased a bike from india , it arrived in uk when arranged , full docs and original indian log book , cost me £280 in duty vat and customs clearance , i had it collected by a local company and delivered to scotland for £52 , un packed pallet , put petrol in tank and third kick it was runnning , i recieved new headlamp ,tail lamp speedo , full cable set ,tool kit and manual ,had it tested on chassis number sent all docs for registration  with fee and it was on the road with age related plate , this one was un restored ,ex indian army , took the chance and was lucky , ps brake shoes ,suspension and tyres were new , have seen some horror story machines from india , asia , best viewing on a short vacation , most the ones if not all are indian restorations , cant think of anyone who buys restores and sells , labour is cheap in india,

Who did you buy it from ?

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 11:32:02 pm

My first Bullet was an Indian Army spec bike that was imported by someone else. I got it for nothing with less than 100 miles on the clock with a wrecked motor. The crank had badly mismatched flywheels which had slackened off, causing the oil pump drive to fail. Everything about the engine was bad, but it got rebuilt with a new crank and a load of other improvements, and to the best of my knowledge it's still running. I covered over 86,000 miles on it. Plenty of maintaining during that period but it never let me down.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Blod

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 08:07:48 am
You are a clever bloke malky  :) 

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 11:54:34 pm
My first Bullet was an Indian Army spec bike that was imported by someone else. I got it for nothing with less than 100 miles on the clock with a wrecked motor. The crank had badly mismatched flywheels which had slackened off, causing the oil pump drive to fail. Everything about the engine was bad, but it got rebuilt with a new crank and a load of other improvements, and to the best of my knowledge it's still running. I covered over 86,000 miles on it. Plenty of maintaining during that period but it never let me down.

Thats just fantastic Malky!