Author Topic: Breakfast in Paradise  (Read 2029 times)

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
on: August 14, 2016, 05:19:50 am
Woke up this morning and though it would be nice to have breakfast in Paradise.  At 7:30 am I mounted the old Royal Enfield and was on my way to Paradise.  Rode 65 miles up into Mount Rainier National Park to Paradise Inn at a elevation of 5,400 ft.  Elevation at my house is 540 ft.  Arrived at the Inn at 9:15 am and had breakfast.  From there I rode around the back side of Mt Rainier down to the little town of Orting.  Got there about 1:00 pm and had lunch.  From Orting I preceded to Yelm and then back to my home in Roy.  I arrived home 201 miles later at a little after 3:00 pm.  A great little ride with good weather all the way.

Royal Enfield people are good people

Cheers,
Bill   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:23:44 am by Bill Harris »

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 12:22:08 pm
Woke up this morning and though it would be nice to have breakfast in Paradise.  At 7:30 am I mounted the old Royal Enfield and was on my way to Paradise.  Rode 65 miles up into Mount Rainier National Park to Paradise Inn at a elevation of 5,400 ft.  Elevation at my house is 540 ft.  Arrived at the Inn at 9:15 am and had breakfast.  From there I rode around the back side of Mt Rainier down to the little town of Orting.  Got there about 1:00 pm and had lunch.  From Orting I preceded to Yelm and then back to my home in Roy.  I arrived home 201 miles later at a little after 3:00 pm.  A great little ride with good weather all the way.

Royal Enfield people are good people

Cheers,
Bill   

Good fer you, Bill. Great day  :)

I'd give my left ball if I could ride 1/2 of that in a day. For me it would be any of the Rockies, Wyo, Colo.. Right now, I wish I had moved to Buford in the '80s.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.