Author Topic: Latest News from RENA  (Read 36615 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 12:00:24 am
Thank you both, for your responses.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 03:03:10 pm
I think there is no longer any room for motorcycle love and enthusiast emotions in today's motorcycle manufacturing corporate business model.   :(  That sort of thing went away with the old 1950-1960's English firms like Triumph, BSA, Norton and the like - and the arrival of the Japanese brands. Love doesn't make money or allow a corporation to stay in business in the modern world.  Eventually we enthusiasts will learn that lesson - about the time that they start tossing dirt on top of our coffins.  ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 03:43:37 pm
I think there is no longer any room for motorcycle love and enthusiast emotions in today's motorcycle manufacturing corporate business model.   :(  That sort of thing went away with the old 1950-1960's English firms like Triumph, BSA, Norton and the like - and the arrival of the Japanese brands. Love doesn't make money or allow a corporation to stay in business in the modern world.  Eventually we enthusiasts will learn that lesson - about the time that they start tossing dirt on top of our coffins.  ::)

That's why there is a thriving vintage community.  Plenty of people are enjoying owning and riding bikes from brands that have been out of business for 50 years.

The Bullet 500 Iron Barrel models can be fine vintage type machines after the major factory flaws are eliminated. And easy to mod or maintain in your own garage.

And it is the "real thing", not a modern smog controlled latte drinking retro poser .
 :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:00:45 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Otto_Ing

Reply #33 on: June 10, 2016, 04:00:06 pm
I believe we are here the frontiers and they are wrong.  ;)

....smells like lot of central planing.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 02:50:48 am
Edited:

FYI
   There are NO individual state requirements to establish a "distributorship" within the respective state prior to opening a dealership for any specific product. All that is required is the business licenses (by the dealer) to do business in the respective state and city.
   The only reason there are only there are only 19 RE dealers in the whole country is obviously because RENA wants the MEGA dealers to handle the sales. Period!
   I refer you to Vince's statement that the RENA reps didn't even bother to visit him, yet did the other larger dealers in his city.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:13:31 am by heloego »
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 04:42:24 am
 If we were all received as TwowheeledTash was on her first two and only posts, would any of us have bothered to return ?

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 05:15:36 am
After reading about the difficulties in RENA getting approved or a license from the State to do business, I did some investigating.

As far as Arizona is concerned, heloego is correct.

The individual dealer is the one that applies for the license to sell the vehicle and after filling out the State  tax forms the State license is granted (assuming everything is filled out correctly).

In most cities, a Dealership license is also required for the City.
Again, it is the dealership that applies for and receives the license to sell the product.

Other States may have different requirements so RENA might need to get the proper licenses there.  I don't know.
Just saying.....  8)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:56:19 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 02:04:13 pm
 Again I ask If we were all received as TwowheeledTash was on her first two and only posts, would any of us have bothered to return ?

No matter where you go, there, you are.

2014BulletC5

• Scooter
Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 02:12:47 pm
Again I ask If we were all received as TwowheeledTash was on her first two and only posts, would any of us have bothered to return ?

Some pent up frustration is bound to get released. We've been told a whole new dealer network is coming "soon."

Some of us have watched our trusted local dealership get dropped and/or left in some sort of limbo. We've seen a total of 19 dealerships under the new business model.

Not saying RENA can't get where they need to be but it appears they are quite aways behind schedule. That frightens and concerns many of us.
Royal Enfield!  3/4 Ton Up!

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 02:59:54 pm
I spoke with my not so local and erstwhile RE dealer recently.  He basically told me that the agreement that RENA wanted him to sign was simply too onerous for him to be able to make a profit selling Enfields.  From his description it seems that RENA is pushing requirements that small dealers simply cannot afford to accept.

Cheers,

Dan K.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 05:19:19 pm

Nope, probably wouldn't Ice.

Ummmmm..... It's a difficult thing. No one likes change. And for good reason a lot of times !   But personally I have always thought that these bikes SHOULD become more main stream.   Get the quality and design up and get them out of being exclusively sold at these little Ural and Scooter shops  for the most part.  I'm not knocking small shops.... But they should expand more into the main stream and larger dealerships I think.  Otherwise they are going to just stay a " niche" Market bike and not make any money.     And they are in the business to make money.   They SHOULD target the market where they will sell the most bikes !  I may or may not particularly like it ?  But..... when have you seen a successful motorcycle co.  target marketing to a small group of grumpy older men ?!   :o   Hahahaha !   Myself included in that BTW.   They should go after the young Hipster types .... styles and Idea's about what's cool change, and they set the trend not us.  Any of you have kids ?! LOL ! 
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 06:30:57 pm
If they don't hurry ... the hipster "trend" will have passed.  8)
After all ... it is a "trend".
How many hippies have you seen lately?

A couple/ few that I work with ?  ..... My older brother.  Hell, their all old and kinda grumpy now too ?   Hahahaha !   And your RIGHT on the Hipster thing. They ARE late !   But, whatever comes after......

Otto_Ing

Reply #42 on: June 12, 2016, 08:02:28 pm
Trying to catch on a short lived hype with something as complex as a motorcycle manufacture can only end in a great loss....

where is the quality, where is the performance, where is the dealership network....(oh ja, they abolished it  ;D )

too late for this trend, ground up work is required IMHO.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 08:09:47 pm by oTTo »

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: June 12, 2016, 08:28:23 pm
    Get 'em when they are young, and get 'em for a life time. And don't ram under performing bikes down Americans throats... with justifications and excuses attached.  Not TOO many enjoy riding their bikes in the city .  That's, not going to work here.

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 08:52:30 pm

Well, she's representing the manufacturer, right?  We are here as enthusiastic owners who wish to see the brand thrive and prosper, correct?

Do you feel that said manufacturer is representing themselves through the new management in a forthright manner?  Or do you feel a little used and dirty after reading her first 2 posts?

I'm not saying we should flame her into submission, but separating fact from fiction seems to be the order of the day. I feel a lot of fiction is being dealt.

Again, I find it interesting that the head of RENA "chose" to leave Harley just as they were cleaning house a few years ago...just speculation.
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...