Author Topic: Royal Enfield Makes ‘Big Push’ Into U.S.  (Read 7467 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 01:04:48 am
Interesting concept.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 06:33:12 am
 And fitting too in a back to the roots sort of way. They sold a lot of tea and some coffee to the riders at the Ace Cafe back in the day or so I am told.

Riding to the Cafe for a coffee 1962

Going to the cafe for a ride 2016

Customer: 16 ounce triple Americano please.
Barista: would you like room for cream or whip on that ?
Customer: no thanks but I'll take a CGT on the side.
Now that is ironic.  ;)

If it puts more Royal Enfields under the butts of more riders than I am all for it. Sooner or later they will want service and parts and accessories.
 That's another opportunity for a dealership to open or an existing one to take on the line.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:42:10 am by Ice »
No matter where you go, there, you are.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 12:48:21 pm
I like to drink coffee. I drink quite a bit of coffee.
Nothing against coffee here.
 ;D

I even like to have a cup of coffee at a dealer when I'm there.

It seems that the problem is that many owners are finding it quite a very long ride to find a dealer now. Coffee or no coffee.

I have seen this over and over again in various markets. The dealers want to monopolize a territory as large as possible, even including the restriction of parts and services to ONLY them. They try to lock up as much as they can, to prevent any competition.
A company which is eager to position its dealers often comply, in order to get their opening order quota, which is typically a LOT of money from the dealer.

In MOST cases(not all cases) this turns out to be a very bad deal for the customer, who has basically no say about it. Seemingly, the customer is not under consideration, except to be the source of revenue.

I'm not sure exclusive dealerships is a good idea. Competition works.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 02:46:34 am
=Looks like the "push" has turned into a  "Stumble"  Six months already and not even a quality web site.  Where are the magazine articles and road tests.  Point of purchase material.  And "excitement" or lack thereof.  How about quality article about this brand's character?  How about some company pride ! =

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 05:56:05 am
 What RENA does or doesn't do does not change the fact that we have our bikes and CMW for parts and technical support and the forum for technical and moral support like we always have.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 02:12:04 pm
Even when I had a local R/E dealer, it was still more practical for me to order items from our host or H/C's because of the marked up price with the tallied in would be S/H & convenience charges, the 1st trip there I purchased an oil change kit just for the sake of being there & they had one on the shelf. I was however pleased that I didn't have to roll to Dallas Tx. to buy my C5, PLUS, according to their website, they had a better inventory to choose from than the Dallas store @ the time. I'd sent a lot of serious buyers to the local dealer only to find their doors closed for good...very sad. Some have bought 2nd hand machines. I'm just glad new parts are available & experienced techs are on hand at this site.
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.