Author Topic: Todays ride  (Read 1184 times)

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 01, 2008, 05:51:31 am
    Went on another nice back roads ride this morning on my 2007 green Classic with just over 1000 miles on it.Wasn't planning on going 55 miles, but you know how it is. I also didn't bring my rain gear along on this particular ride. All was on lower speed back roads. Went from Puyallup, to Sumner, up tho Bonney Lake, to Enumclaw.Many roads were through farm land where lots of cows looked up to see what the thumping was all about.Many nice curves to glide though. Got onto Hwy 410 for a short distance, and took the turn to Orting. Passed through Orting, and it started raining. So I decided to head back to Orting and stop at a Starbucks for a cup and to see if I could wait out the rain (no rain gear). Parked the Bullet outside and went in. Sat there drinking my coffee and watched a guy admiring my bike. Then he took off. As I sat there, two different guys,both with some gray hair on their heads (like me), approached me, and both conversations started the same. First, "Is that your motorcycle outside?", Then "What year is it?". So I went through a short history of Royal Enfield and the Indian Enfields etc. Both guys were quite taken with my green Bullet. One guy asked me where there was a dealer, and I was only to happy to refer him to Vince's in Olympia,Wa. And I hope he follows up on it. I need to ask Vince for some busness cards for his place, so I can hand them out on these occasions.
    Finally, after 30-40 minutes the rain stopped, and I fired off old One Kick, and thumped on home. Topped it off, and got 75.2 miles per gallon. The bike ran like a top, and man, I love that sound!! Even with the stock exhaust, it has the sound.

Take care, Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:08:21 am
I get the same thing , even  though my RE sports the faster, stronger,more powerful then before engine. 8)
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:13:31 pm
There's nothing like the good old Thump of an RE, is there (especially with the original shorty muffler!) ?   :D  I call it the heartbeat of the bike.  Like it better than potato-potato, though that's not bad either. ;D
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.