Author Topic: What's happening with RE North America dealers?  (Read 14881 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 11:13:09 pm
Speaking of "Man Buns", I understand that wearing one increases your chance of cervical cancer significantly.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 11:37:39 pm
Only if they use talcum powder.

Oh, wait.  My error.

You said "cervical" not "ovarian", didn't you?
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #33 on: August 08, 2016, 10:47:34 pm
 You are absolute correct about beating a dead horse. FWIW the odds favor that the hand wringing will continue despite the subject having been repeatedly discussed to the same conclusions ad nauseum.

What some fail to realize is how truly significant signing twenty dealers in only eight months really is.

These are committed stocking dealers. Restated for emphasis, committed stocking dealers.

That's a much different proposition than an authorized but non stocking dealer that stocks little to nothing and only orders your bike or parts after you pay or a dealer holding the agreement and sitting on it to suppress it from competing.   

When a dealership is signed on they are given an exclusivity for their geographic area. Some may clamor for a dealer in MY area NOW while forgetting the difference between a stocking dealer and a non stocking authorized dealer. It is more logical to drive 90 miles to a stocking dealer than the same miles to an authorized but non stocking dealer. Which would the consumer prefer to have exclusivity over there area ? That should be self evident.

Rome wasn't built in a day. CMW wasn't built in a day. Neither will be RENA.

RENA's parent company has plenty of seed capitol for advertising to incdrease awareness and fuel growth of product demand and network expansion on the national scale to, flesh out and bulk up the skeleton as so to speak once it's built. These things have never happened overnight.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #34 on: August 08, 2016, 10:59:04 pm
There's nothing we can do anyway, so it isn't worth fretting about.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 11:52:58 pm
 Yes ! But I am sticking to my plan of twin first, GT second.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 08:55:28 pm
Speaking of "Man Buns", I understand that wearing one increases your chance of cervical cancer significantly.

If this were Facebook I'd be hitting the like button.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #37 on: August 21, 2016, 02:05:43 am
The only thing I can say is RENA needs to understand IF they want to make a go of it here they need to sell to any and all. Heck The Hipsters? OK, How about the Amish...if they want one go for it. And Old Coots like me better take my money. These days you can't turn your back on anyone if you want to make a go of it. Look at the mess HD is finding itself in with they customer base getting older and older their sells are going down. And they had the whole show to themselves at one time but threw it away.   
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:48:50 am by The Old Coot »
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 07:15:35 pm
I see that RENA just added a dealer in Cleveland. Looks like a pretty cool "lifestyle" place. Also noticed several other new ones I hadn't noticed before. Check it out:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/royal-enfield-north-america/royal-enfield-north-america-dealers/922168437904795
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 06:35:41 pm
It figures. The shop I got mine from in Killeen dumped the brand. Sounds like I got lots of dealers to choose from, you are wrong-Texas is a freakin' HUGE mass of land, over 400,000 square miles. Each and every dealer now is well over 250 miles in each damn direction. I cannot and will not make two round trips to drop off and pick up this bike. Winter's coming, and my Virago is close to 75% finished, on the road by Spring. With such low mileage on the GT I'm thinking of packing it up and storing it for a year or two, especially since it doesn't have a scratch on it. With the mods I can probably get back close to what I shelled out for it. But, if more dealers pop up in that time I may keep it. Just like the Presidential Debate and the End Of The World, I'll just make some popcorn and see what happens for now. :-\
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 06:54:24 pm
I see that RENA just added a dealer in Cleveland. Looks like a pretty cool "lifestyle" place. Also noticed several other new ones I hadn't noticed before. Check it out:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/royal-enfield-north-america/royal-enfield-north-america-dealers/922168437904795

Not really caring about a "Life Style Place" there are H-D dealers all over the place for that. I'm looking for a shop where the mechanic had grease under his nails for working on the bikes and knowing what he's doing. I'm a shop that had parts and spares in stock and I don't have to order every think. I'm looking for a shop that carries the trick stuff we all look for, and has it in stock. Oh a "T" shirt wouldn't be bad BUT I'm not looking for a clothing store that sells a few bikes on the side. Like I said there are H-D dealers for that.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: February 17, 2017, 05:34:27 pm
When RENA took over the distributorship from Kevin, they cancelled all the dealerships in the country, then polled the ones they might to keep to see who wanted to retain the dealerships, Many of the old dealers told them to stick it because of poor support from the factory, My dealer was one of them. So now RENA is looking dealers, but they want legitimate motorcycle dealers as opposed to a lot of the old scooter dealers that got REs to hide in the backs of their showrooms. The LA area had six dealerships, now they have one.
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com