Author Topic: Fury ad.  (Read 3908 times)

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
on: April 24, 2016, 09:07:44 pm
If only I could go back in time 8).
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 10:00:28 pm
If only I could go back in time 8).
Maybe you can  ;)
 B.W.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:18:00 pm
Lovely. Is it 1960s prices?  ;D
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:25:38 pm
I tried to buy that one about 18 months ago, but the owner couldn't make his mind up whether or not to sell, before being advised by his friends to hang onto it. B.W. noted recently that he might since have reconsidered... Sadly, though, he will NOT be asking 60's prices if you can prize it out of him!

I got fed up in the end and started on a sort-of replica instead.  :P

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:30 am
Malky, further to my PM this has just come up on ebay, just over the border from Bonny Scotland in Wigton, Cumbria.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROYAL-ENFIELD-BIG-HEAD-BULLET-1959-NOT-BSA-GOLD-STAR-OR-VELOCETTE-THRUXTON-/121965496528?hash=item1c65b5c8d0:g:2K4AAOSwJSJXG4hX

Not a Fury, though if you wanted to turn it into a replica most of the cosmetic parts are available.  ;)

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 05:07:55 pm
Blink and you miss it, the listing has disappeared!  Either the owner sold it privately or he saw sense and decided to keep it!

A.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 01:17:35 am

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 02:45:10 am
That is one beautiful bike!!!  I likey. Wonder if I could get the Electra to look close??  Hmmm, need another tank/seat arrangement.   :o
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 01:03:31 pm
That is one beautiful bike!!!  I likey. Wonder if I could get the Electra to look close??  Hmmm, need another tank/seat arrangement.   :o

Well, if you replaced the Electra rolling chassis with a post 1956 Redditch rolling chassis, then replaced the Electra engine and gearbox with a big head Bullet motor and gearbox, I guess you could, and you'd still have enough bits left over to build an Electra!!!  :P

Hitchcock's and possibly CMW sell Redditch pattern seats to fit Indian Bullets including the Electra (Bill Harris' scrambler has one, make sure you get the right option though), and you can get the larger gas tanks, though they're for the Twins, I don't know how well the underside of the tank will fit over the single cylinder head. The large big head Bullet tank has more clearance underneath. The small Redditch pattern gas tank with the bolt on chrome panels and badges (as used on the Fury) will fit nicely, though.

If you do fit an AVL engine and gear-box (with the right foot shift conversion) into a Redditch frame it all lines up perfectly, just use the right length through studs for the engine mounts and footrests, though the E/S might not fit. Anyhow, you can end up with something like this:

The separate headlamp is a personal styling preference which you could re-create on the Electra with an early (2003/4) RE India Thunderbird triple tree and headlamp brackets, the high level exhaust is only compulsory for street scrambler addicts.

However, if you simply wanted to fit this style of tank and seat to your Electra's frame, both are readily available and will bolt right on with the correct fittings.

A.

grumbern

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 09:23:10 pm
Adrian, I still love the colour!
Andreas