Author Topic: Euro 4  (Read 19914 times)

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 05:30:52 am
I wonder if it will affect ALL vehicles.
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KX2vjUZqpvs
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 07:43:35 am
I get daily notes from the Motorcycle Industry Council. It is a trade organization. Turns out that in CA some oil for motorcycles is illegal. It is a product of the regulators being beyond clueless and not understanding the very regulations they are making.

I could go on for quite a while. Even if you believe in them and their mission the folks writing the rules really don't know what they are talking about and understand almost nothing about the science.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 01:42:26 pm
Knee Jerk reactionists to junk science. Like the whole Global Warming battle. It's inevitable. Rather than "fight" it, we should be preparing for it, and adapting as necessary.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 02:51:04 pm
Make the anti technology statement.

I that is what we call "a horse". I gather the USA has had some involvement with these creatures.

Does anyone know how much methane the world's equine population releases into atmosphere every year? That's fuel going to waste, surely?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Otto_Ing

Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 03:04:34 pm
Knee Jerk reactionists to junk science. Like the whole Global Warming battle. It's inevitable. Rather than "fight" it, we should be preparing for it, and adapting as necessary.

As far as I am concerned there were climate changes through out the history even a mini Ice Age around the 1600. Somebody had to be blamed, back than they found lot of whitches responsible for the crop failure and burned them at stake.

Today, the sacrificial lamb seems to be the combustion engine. Not only that, all industry is getting sacrificed on the altar of the CO2 church.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:25:16 pm by oTTo »

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 05:22:57 pm
Does anyone know how much methane the world's equine population releases into atmosphere every year?

Very little, compared to that which the world's bovine population releases.  But we Americans gotta have our McDonalds hamburgers...

That's fuel going to waste, surely?

Sure!  I nominate Adrian II as official collector...  ;)

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 06:51:46 pm
Very little, compared to that which the world's bovine population releases.  But we Americans gotta have our McDonalds hamburgers...

You don't know what you're missing. Our European burgers are made from horse eyes nose lip and te@*®cles. :P

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 07:00:07 pm
I would like to add;

Over the last year I have put 1100 miles on my C5, yet pay more for my annual license tabs than for my commuter car which is heavier, so actually puts more wear and tear on the highway system, and runs up 15,000 miles per year. 

Now that I have a second bike, I will probably ride each one about 600 miles (more I hope) and pay a double "motorcycle tax".

I don't mind reasonable taxation since it funds many important things, but this is just wrong.
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 08:44:26 pm
Looks like we need to start cleaning out motorcycle junk yards and getting into the restoring business.
Its still a buyers market with used motorcycles. If you can do (or willing to learn) basic maintenance , it opens a new world of possibilities.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Otto_Ing

Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 08:55:37 pm
Looks like we need to start cleaning out motorcycle junk yards and getting into the restoring business.
Its still a buyers market with used motorcycles. If you can do (or willing to learn) basic maintenance , it opens a new world of possibilities.

That's what I am saying too. They are shooting themselves in the foot, over short or long nobody will buy their sh¤%. ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:03:37 pm by oTTo »

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 09:36:21 pm
The iron barrel bullets have the potential to become the everlasting motorcycle with an almost infinite parts supply (for the rest of my lifetime anyway). A well set up 350 with a 5 speed would be my ideal ride.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: April 24, 2016, 10:35:33 pm
I saw my first 2016 (Euro 4 compliant) water-cooled Triumph Thruxton R today at Alice's Restaurant.  Nice looking bike, but I bet it is no lightweight - and not too cheap, either.   ::)  Photos attached.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #27 on: April 24, 2016, 11:39:02 pm

Sadly we are starting to see restrictions on the use of older vehicles in some parts of France during week days, more idiot politicians in "Something Must Be Done" mode. Naturally this is not going down too well. The eco-madness/religion threat to older/classic/vintage/veteran vehicle use is something we need to watch out for.

Meanwhile, for anyone wishing to do the "rolling coal" thing, it really is better done with actual coal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Rl6BWoQp0

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Otto_Ing

Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 09:41:56 pm
https://youtu.be/UTMxfAkxfQ0

...it seems someone made a movie on BREXIT. Give's some insights in the Eurocracy.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 10:15:13 pm
That UK election regarding getting out or staying in the EU this year is going to be even more interesting than the U.S. presidential election.  Maybe Donald Trump could visit London and help the voters make up their minds.   ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1