Author Topic: My test-ride on the Electra ...  (Read 3428 times)

prof_stack

on: August 15, 2007, 01:35:53 am
Drove 60 miles to the RE shop to test ride the Electra and found 8 Enfields, none of which was an Electra!

Hmm, I thought owner Vince knew I wanted to ride one.  But when asked "Classic or Electra" he did tell me that (see another thread) the Classic motor was fine for most people.  So he wasn't dishonest with me.  Vince is a good guy.

He said he sells about 20 Classics a year and had trouble selling the 2 Electra's he got.  He's waiting for the 2008 models (when does that happen?) to start rolling in.  People in that area prefer the original look. 

Needless to say, I was disappointed in not riding an Electra.  But, I did test ride a Sixty-Five.  I'll start a new topic in the Classic section later tonight.  The avator is from the bike I test-rode.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 02:34:51 am
drove about 300 miles round trip to see the one i got twice.. my credit card company loved me that month.

It was a black electra..the only one they had.. 2007..dust covering it, foot pegs on crooked, over in a corner all by itself..  but it shown so much briter than the other biKes there, though they wer multhued.

the dealer asked if I wanted to take it for a ride, it already had 18 miles on it.. i said no,  and i have been enjoying it ever since.. about 380 miles..

just find an electra and think about it.. I chose it because of the front disc brake as I am a primary front brake person..and the better gas milage and the little higher top speed ;D

and my last bike had around 136 hp and this one has 23..  and I am enjoying this ride very much,,

You did notice the gas rear shocks ;)

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:08:55 am
Thanks for the report, Professor. Did Vince tell you how many new Sixty-5's are left?

I'll look for your report in the other forum.

Jeff