Author Topic: 1956 Indian /Enfield Fire Arrow  (Read 19208 times)

snksims

• Neophyte
on: August 12, 2007, 11:56:17 pm
Howdy All, I have a 1956 Indian Fire Arrow and need manuals and parts. Any Suggestions. She is all original and runs with the added benefit of killing all of the mosquitos within 100 yards.I would add a picture if one of you could tell this ignorant old hillbilly how.Thanks Steve

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 06:40:02 pm
You might try Avallino's Motorcycle Sales & Service (781) 284-5157 in Revere, Mass. for manuals & parts. Another possibility would be Iota Products Co. (517) 467-1127 in Onstead, Mich. Most of the Royal Enfield Indians that I have experience with are the twin cylinder models. The Fire Arrow is an earlier 250 single type similar to the RE Clipper before they unitized the engine /transmission for the 1958 Hounds Arrow models. You might have to get creative to come up with parts but Hitchcock's in the UK might supply some parts for the Clipper.

Someone else would have to help for picture posting because I'm just as ??? as you are for that stuff.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:15:11 pm
We can get you most manuals and parts for the Fire Arrow. Give us a call at
800-201-7472 we have sources all over the world and access to the largest inventories in existence.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

57 Woodsman

• Neophyte
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 03:37:49 am
I have a complete and running 1957 Royal Enfield Indian Woodsman 500.  I am wondering whether many of the current parts are interchangeable with the Vintage parts.  I just ordered some seals and brake parts from the Vintage Parts section of this website, but I'm still looking for an original Speedo to replace the Japanese one currently on the bike.  It looks nice, but doubles the speed I am going.

My wife used to ride an Interceptor back in the day.  Sure would like to find one.  Anybody have any leads??

Good luck with your Fire Arrow,

George

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 01:42:20 am
The key to finding parts is to have the part number. Our Vintage section is set up to accomodate the Vintage part numbers. Get a parts manual, they are not expensive and then look for the part number. Things like speedos  and sheetmetal can be harder to find, but not impossible. If this doesn't work for you give us a call at 1-800-201-7472 and we will see if we can find one
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com