Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 8604 times)

B5 Ben

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 06:30:23 am
Welcome.
I'm on a 2013 B5 here in California, would be interested to see a pic of your  fender rework when finished.

2013 B5
1976 Vespa Super

AcetoMadras

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 01:40:19 am
I have a feeling the round fender would bolt on but there may be a bit of a gap between the base of the seat and the round mudguard - the square B5 jobby is extremely generous with the gap down to the tyre. The guy fabricating mine is fitting it at the point the shocks bottom out so we'll see how that looks in a week!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:45:01 am by AcetoMadras »
2015 UK B5

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 07:03:31 pm
Those pics look awesome, thanks malky! Will have to start marking up a map with these
Add this to your list, The Mountain Coffee Company at Gairloch. Good camping there too, at the Big Sands camp site,  wooden wigwams available if you're not into canvas.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 11:50:29 am
Add this to your list, The Mountain Coffee Company at Gairloch. Good camping there too, at the Big Sands camp site,  wooden wigwams available if you're not into canvas.

I don't believe I'd get one minute of sleep camping anywhere near "Hillbillies"...

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 01:26:54 pm
I don't believe I'd get one minute of sleep camping anywhere near "Hillbillies"...
What have you got against golf carts?

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 08:42:25 pm
What have you got against golf carts?

Does "squeal like a pig" ring any bells?

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 09:19:12 pm
Eek.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 09:20:56 pm
Now don't get me going on hillbilly joke...it'd just get ugly
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

AcetoMadras

• Scooter
Reply #23 on: March 25, 2016, 02:16:45 pm
Took a bit longer than expected (Full Bore's fabricator was off ill sadly), but not the worst day to get the lady back here in London. Loving the pressed legal-ish plate and Triumph rear light bracket.

Annoyingly the engine warning light is now on and she's super jerky at low rpm. Any guesses what it could be? The battery needed charging after a few weeks of standing, so that might be weak. Or something got unplugged accidentally  ???

Bethnal Green RE workshop is open Tuesday if I can't figure it out over the weekend...
2015 UK B5

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #24 on: March 25, 2016, 03:02:27 pm
That looks really good, and traditional. Front guard finishes it off perfectly.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #25 on: March 25, 2016, 10:21:25 pm
AcetoMadras

Somewhere in the area of your motorcycles computer there will be a single, disconnected wire.  This is used to check your computer for codes that tell you what the problem is.  (On my G5 it is on the right hand side above the air filter box).

The service manual says if the MIL is always on or blinking, check all of the plug ins on the sensors to make sure the electrical harness is fully plugged in.
This would include the O2 sensor on the exhaust (if your engine has one), the Oil temperature sensor below the inlet manifold, the Throttle position sensor on the left side of the fuel injector body and the fuel injector plug in wire.

If the connections are good then using the wire I mentioned, insert a piece of wire into its connector and ground it to some part of the engine or frame while the ignition switch is on (and the kill switch is in the RUN position).

The MIL should start blinking a code of short and long flashes.
Write them down and tell us what they are.  We can look them up and tell you what it is saying.
(For instance, no longs + 6 short blinks = the TPS
4 long + 5 short = O2 sensor heater circuit fault.)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

AcetoMadras

• Scooter
Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 11:08:13 am
Thanks for the help - I think it's doing 6 x long, 6 x short, 6 x short
2015 UK B5

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 12:04:32 am
Fault codes are just 2 digits. Only one starts with six long, which is six long & six short- which is the crank position sensor (or wiring/connector),
followed by another six short could be an 06 code -TPS circuit - which has in the past been known to be caused by a loose connector which on your bike I believe would be hidden behind the battery.
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

AcetoMadras

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 06:45:51 pm
Absolutely bang on - the connector behind the battery must have been knocked loose when the battery was recharged. The warning light is now off and it's running fairly sweetly again. Thank you for the help guys! Don't suppose any damage could have been done for the 30 motorway miles with it unplugged?
2015 UK B5

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 07:29:18 pm
I doubt that any harm was done with your 30 mile ride.

That's the kind of thing that either smokes your electrical parts right away or not at all.

As long as the voltage regulator kept the voltage in a safe range nothing should have been damaged and apparently it did its job because you didn't mention smoke or blown out light bulbs.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary