Author Topic: Athena grey Bullet.  (Read 12661 times)

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 03:27:42 pm
 When I bought my C5 from DWR he told me he could get all available colours in a couple of days if available in the UK, presumably either direct from Moto GB or another dealer. I quite fancy the grey one; green or black are so last year.... :)
Sic se res habet: fractum est...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 06:16:35 pm
I quite fancy the grey one; green or black are so last year.... :)

But next year, grey will be last year, and if you've bought one, you'll end up wallowing in regret and self-loathing.

There is a solution, though... see how happy wildbill is?

;)

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 05:42:26 pm
This looks like the U.K. spec one posted on eBay today.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 05:47:32 pm
Now that is a hum-dinger!  If only Enfield could get rid of that hideous stove pipe of a silencer.

It is a monstrous carbuncle on the fair face of the Enfield.

That's what it is.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 05:55:06 pm
I wonder how all that chrome will stand up to neglect. The chrome on the early iron barrels peeled easier than an orange.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

AcetoMadras

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 11:42:47 pm
I saw this 'Squadron Blue' colour pop up on a newsfeed somewhere this week and I'm really digging it. Definitely to go with a sheepskin flying jacket and Halcyon goggles...
2015 UK B5

AcetoMadras

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 11:50:11 pm
2015 UK B5

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 02:11:45 am
I saw this 'Squadron Blue' colour pop up on a newsfeed somewhere this week and I'm really digging it. Definitely to go with a sheepskin flying jacket and Halcyon goggles...

yep ... I like it too - reminiscent of Air Force vehicles in the 60's and 70's just need some yellow block text stenciled on the sides ....  ;D 
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 04:08:17 am

Is this colour satin finish or gloss? The image suggests it is satin. My preference would be gloss.  What's the pointing polishing something if you can't make it shiny?  I guess you could put a gloss clear coat varnish over the Squadron Blue.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 08:29:15 pm
Sometimes I'm tempted just to buy the different coloured 'bits' lol.

Cheaper than a new bike.

Having said that, now I have a dent in my tank, I've also thought on a repaint. Used to think nothing of buying rattle cans and spraying bikes I used to own when younger.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 12:01:08 am

Why can't they ALL have a muffler like the "Squadron Blue" bike pictured instead of that awful other thing? That huge other muffler is bigger (and uglier) than the stovepipe on the Fisher Papa Bear woodstove I heated my whole house with from 1970 to 1985. The brand new one off my '08 Classic sits on a shelf in the Gare Ahzh. Unused :( Unwanted :(   Abandoned ;D

PS: That stove is still in my exwife's exhusband's workshop. She got it with the house I bought for her
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:05:55 am by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 05:22:41 am
For some reason RE likes to use Indian pictures to advertise bikes outside India.  In the U.S., and probably elsewhere, they only come with the bazooka catalytic convertor / silencer.  Since the EPA made sure I got "the big one", I bought a Premium EFI silencer from our host to replace it and did not look back. 

I know if you buy a new Triumph T-100 the silencers are so silent they sound like vacuum cleaners.  My buddy just bought one (a Triumph, not a vacuum cleaner) and he had to buy new silencers as soon as he got it home. I'm sure that is an EPA thing too. 
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 04:09:18 pm
Well, hopefully there will be some "touch up" paint available(since it's new again) in a rattle can like what came with my C5.  The U.K. has it but cannot be shipped here. (shipping regs.)  I love the Athena Gray color on my 02 Bullet, but it's starting to show the ride miles on the paint in the common places.
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 05:27:31 am
I would like to see a silver B5 with red graphics and a round rear fender, and the double seat, maybe with red piping. The more I look at that fender on mine the more I don't like it. It either needs to go, or get covered up with some saddlebags. Makes me want to start doing some customizing.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 07:50:12 am
I am so tempted. 8)

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream