Author Topic: Air screw on 30mm flat slide  (Read 2041 times)

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 17, 2016, 02:34:38 am
What's the best way to dial in the air mix screw on the 30mm performance carb? Also, would anyone know if there would be any noticeable advantage to running a Mikuni 34mm flat slide? I run an open exhaust with Dunstall megaphone glass pack, K&N pancake air cleaner.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 05:49:25 am
Not sure about the flatslide 34 but I run a VM34 which runs pretty well. I've been running it since last 2 yrs and have had no issues so far. Pulls like a train!

-Sanket

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 02:46:25 pm
A larger carb will provide improvements at higher rpms and maybe some upper midrange rpms. If you like to visit the higher rpms often, it may be a worthwhile upgrade for you. If you do, the flatslideTM32 or TM34 would be worth the slightly higher price.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:19:54 pm
After some thought, I've decided to get the Mikuni 34mm flat side. Since switching to a more open exhaust, the bike feels slightly under carbureted. I found where I can get one for about $125 but where do I get a manifold that will bolt up to the RE and clamp to the carb. Also, will the same throttle cable work?

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:38:33 pm
After some thought, I've decided to get the Mikuni 34mm flat side. Since switching to a more open exhaust, the bike feels slightly under carbureted. I found where I can get one for about $125 but where do I get a manifold that will bolt up to the RE and clamp to the carb. Also, will the same throttle cable work?
Sudco has a rubber manifold for the 34mm carbs that fits Enfield about $25.
Home of the Fireball 535 !