Author Topic: Posting pictures  (Read 3370 times)

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
on: August 27, 2008, 03:46:29 am
I used to have trouble posting pics to this and other forums.

Believe me I am no computer wiz. A forum member on another RE forum told me about InfraView 4.0 . I now have that installed on my computer.

My pictures wouldn't post because they were too large. Now what I do is right click on the mouse and "copy" my picture from whatever source, open InfraView, click on "Edit" and then "paste". Now my picture is on InfraView and ready to edit. Go to "Image", click on "re-size", click on "best to fit desktop", "OK". Then, under "File", I "Save as", (in my case "My Documents") and label it whatever. Now when I want to add that picture at the end of my post, I click on "additional options",.Type in that file name and browse. I sometimes have to give it a little help finding it but once found, click "Open" and it will post.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. As I said I'm no wiz, I just stumble around until I trip over the answer. Pictures, too big, was my problem.

-Jesse

"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

LJRead

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:03:29 am
When I think of it,  I do the same thing with MS Picture Manager which I believe may come as part of the Microsoft Windows package.  I usually just save my photos in My Pictures then open My Pictures in the MS Picture Manager and crop, resize or whatever.  Wow, never thought I'd give computer ideas.

Damn, Jesse, wish I could find a nice hat like that!

LJ

LJRead

Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:07:33 am
Found this one in the camera my wife, Malia, sent down.  Won't ever see a Tongan out in cold Utah raking Autumn leaves.  Malia has her half century birthday coming up in a few days.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:16:46 am by LJRead »

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 06:33:54 am
If you can resize your pictures before uploading them it is a big help to other members. It drives me crazy to only see about 10% of a picture and have to scroll all over to see the rest. At some point I should ask Rhett to install a tool to re-size them automatically. I think this forum platform will support that type of tool.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:58:58 pm
I use that same program (although its iRfanview not iNfanview). It's very intuitive and resizing is a snap. Best of all it's free.

Here's a tip for you, after the image is open just hit <ctrl><r> and it will open up the menu to allow for resizing and save you some mouse clicks.
Endeavor To Persevere

Current: '75 Honda CB550F, '76 Honda CB750F. Previous:  2007 Yamaha Vino 125, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000 Goldwing, '77 Honda CB550K, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES, '68 Suzuki K11, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 05:03:14 pm
allright kevin!!!
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 05:14:54 pm
I use photobucket. If I want to post a big picture, I just post a link to it and anyone who wants to see it can click on the link to open it. It's annoying trying to scroll up and down and left and right because I can't see the whole picture.

Like so...

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/russ5288/IMG_2066.jpg

Much less trouble and you can see the whole thing.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:18:12 pm by Slider »
I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 08:53:19 pm
I use a Freebie called "Fastone Image Viewer".  you can download it fromhttp://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm  That allows you to resize pictures, e-mail 'em, and do all sorts of other machinations with 'em as desired.  It doesn't cost a cent, and doesn't have any adverts attached either.  Same folks also make a wicked Pacman that's downloadable por nada too, as well as a batch file type picture resizer (though you can resize easily in Image Viewer as well).
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 03:13:32 am
Bankerdanny,

Thank you for that correction. I hope folks weren't too upset trying to track down my faux pax.

I guess, besides not being a computer wiz, I am old, nearsighted, illiterate and dyslexic to boot. My intentions were good, execution needs work... :O)

"Dyslexics of the world untie!"

-Jsees
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.