Author Topic: where do these wires go!!!  (Read 20959 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #90 on: February 14, 2016, 05:47:47 am
that leaking seal shouldn't be too hard to replace compared to what problems you have experienced. meanwhile you can work ahead and try and get the wiring sorted out ;D
then back on the road again

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #91 on: February 14, 2016, 07:07:56 am
that leaking seal shouldn't be too hard to replace compared to what problems you have experienced. meanwhile you can work ahead and try and get the wiring sorted out ;D
then back on the road again

To replace it. The sprocket  and the engine covers come off. The mechanic just did this. Seriously why the hell would i bother taking this machine to these re.dealers again. They always do this. Its because they dont have real mechanic's in the shop. Just young assistants doing the work.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #92 on: February 14, 2016, 07:14:16 am
yeah ..so true. what about if you contact the mob involved and tell them that's its leaking and you will drop the bike off to have it repaired correctly

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #93 on: February 14, 2016, 07:28:23 am
Im going to have to...its a pain though as its about a 150km round  trip.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #94 on: February 14, 2016, 02:01:59 pm
Don't feel to bad about the trip, it's 195k round trip just to drive to the nearest dealer for me.  :o

I do hope your saga is coming to an happy end though you've been through more than enough.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #95 on: February 14, 2016, 06:39:04 pm
As I recall Vince telling it, the kickstarter seal itself might not need to be replaced.  It might be fine.

The cover plate that locates the seal has several bolt/screw holes in it that currently position it.

These holes in the engine that the screws thread into are not always located in the right place. 
If they are mis-located, they will locate the cover plate in the wrong place for the seal to line up with the kick starter shaft.
The rubber seal can take some misalignment but if it is too much, oil will leak out.

This can be corrected by enlarging the screw clearance holes in the cover.  It doesn't take much to make the holes big enough to clear the threaded fasteners so that the cover/seal plate can allow the seal to be the thing that centralizes the plate rather than the mis located screw holes.

If you do this little "fix", just be sure to let the rubber seal position the plate and then make sure you don't move the plate when you tighten the screws.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #96 on: February 14, 2016, 08:56:49 pm
Thanks arizoni. Ill try that rather than going back to dealer.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #97 on: February 15, 2016, 12:45:31 am
That is brilliant!  I would just open up the holes a little bit though.  I have never done this job, but I would think that you could set the cover on with the kickstart seal in place, and carefully put each bolt in while watching for any pull on the cover.  Just to get an idea of what is needed.
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #98 on: February 15, 2016, 03:05:55 am
These dealers/RE mechanics  need to get on these forums. Theres more knowledge/wisdom here than theyre getting from god knows where and applying in their workshops!

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #99 on: February 15, 2016, 01:26:05 pm
+1!
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #100 on: February 16, 2016, 04:22:50 am
These dealers/RE mechanics  need to get on these forums. Theres more knowledge/wisdom here than theyre getting from god knows where and applying in their workshops!

Agreed. Several members here are better at troubleshooting than some shop techs
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods