Author Topic: where do these wires go!!!  (Read 21256 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #60 on: February 08, 2016, 12:05:23 am
photo

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: February 08, 2016, 12:11:21 am
Pulled headlight apart again. Just cant find a lone connector. There doesnt appear  to be 1.anyway. shes going now

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: February 08, 2016, 12:17:24 am
Maybe it is a spare for when the domestic bikes run a dual spark set up and another coil? I'm just guessing here.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #63 on: February 08, 2016, 12:43:01 am
Maybe it is a spare for when the domestic bikes run a dual spark set up and another coil? I'm just guessing here.

Seeing as my headlight/taillights arent going im thinking its that. God knows where it.connects.to.though

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: February 08, 2016, 01:16:25 am
Flux Capacitor...   
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #65 on: February 08, 2016, 05:13:09 am
Any electrical gurus here that can help me out??

Got the bike going. everything was looking sweet. electric start not working for some reason so i kicked the bike over. lights also not going for some reason.
as i got the bike started, i felt it was ok to start putting her back together properly. got the engine in the right spot and got all the engine bolts in, put the chain on. went to start her up again and nothing...no fuel pump or any sounds when turning the ignition on. if i hit the elec start buttong  -the neutral light lights up...somethings going on...any ideas???

do have indicators and horn..

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #66 on: February 08, 2016, 05:38:08 am
If i disconnect the rear brake light connector  the dempressor comes on for a second then the management  light stays on...

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #67 on: February 08, 2016, 05:56:00 am
  Steve,  there are two wires attached to the starter.  One is your main chassis ground ... Or earth as you call it.    That ground wire from the starter ,  should attach under that chrome cover on the right side of the starter.  From there to the negative battery terminal .    The positive or hot wire that is attached to the starter... Mounts on a lug, on the top side of the starter above where the negative wire mounts.   That hot wire should be the big red wire coming from your starter relay. 

And BTW , don't turn the key on and have the kill switch set to run, IF you have any of your sensor plugs disconnected.    It will fill your ECU with stored codes that you can't get rid of.  ;)    But it is OK to have the low fuel sensor unplugged.

WhaT happens if the ecu  ends up with these stored  codes?

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: February 08, 2016, 06:17:40 am
I did exactly what ghg said  NOT to do. Started the bike with the 02 sensor  disconnected....so now what???

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: February 08, 2016, 02:37:58 pm
  Not to worry.... not a big deal.  If it was only the o2 sensor, you'll just have one stored code. And remember that for the future. It won't effect the way the bike runs.    You want to avoid having codes stored, because in the future if you have an issue with a sensor or a sensor circuit. It can be a REAL PIA to figure out what all those  blinking lights are ! :o   At least here in the States... there is no diagnostic tool available that allows one to clear the codes.

For example....  During the reassembly of your bike you accidentally turned the key on with the kill switch set to run .  AND all or some of your sensors are disconnected. THAT will show up as a fault with the sensor and circuit, and store a code.   Now lets say in the future all is well with the bike, BUT one day your Mil light pops on and the bike is running like shyte.  You ground out the diagnostic wire at the ECU to check for a code to help you diagnose the issue.....Buuuuut.  You have fifty codes and a bunch of blinking lights !!  It can get a bit disconcerting I tell ya ! :o    Which one is it ?!  Do I have multiple issues ?!?! .... Is it the first code I see, or are there more !!!   It's enough to make one want to hang themselves with a motorcycle chain !!!!   Hahahahhaha !    You get the picture.......
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #70 on: February 08, 2016, 07:19:29 pm
ok so doing this wont stop the bike from running? because i had her going - had the header pipe connected, then i disconeccted the header pipe/02 sensor, then 20 min later started her up again not realising the 02 sensor was disconnected. then about 1 hour later, i tried to start her again and no power...i thought perhaps frommy starting the bike with the o2 sensor disconnected.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #71 on: February 08, 2016, 08:17:33 pm
  mmmmmm.... No.  That would not cause you now to have no power.   If you had a stored o2 code, or even an active code with the o2 sensor...like something was wrong with the o2 sensor.  It would not cause you to have no power.   There is another cause.   

Do you now have no power at all... to anything  when you turn the key on?  How is your Battery ?   Did you blow the main fuse  again ?   Is the ignition switch hooked up properly ?    Do you have power to the ignition switch, but nothing coming out the other side and etc ?.......

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #72 on: February 08, 2016, 08:39:57 pm
  mmmmmm.... No.  That would not cause you now to have no power.   If you had a stored o2 code, or even an active code with the o2 sensor...like something was wrong with the o2 sensor.  It would not cause you to have no power.   There is another cause.   
All I get now is a click from the fuse box, horn and indicators work, mil light stays on, neutral light comes on if I'm holding starter button. Fuses aren't blowing.

Do you now have no power at all... to anything  when you turn the key on?  How is your Battery ?   Did you blow the main fuse  again ?   Is the ignition switch hooked up properly ?    Do you have power to the ignition switch, but nothing coming out the other side and etc ?.......

Indicators and horn work. No lights. Starter motor didn't work but I kicked her over and she was running. After a while I went to start her again. Neutral light not going. Comes on when I press the elec start button. If I disconnect the rear brake light switch the fuel pump goes once. Management light stays on. Keep in mind it was all normal yesterday for a bit. I'd turn key on, decompressed, fuel pump worked mil light would turn off... Then after an hour or so she stopped. I did tap the engine into place while she was running...maybe roll over sensor...I dunno. It's weird. You don't have this with a carby!!!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #73 on: February 08, 2016, 09:47:56 pm

Indicators and horn work. No lights. Starter motor didn't work but I kicked her over and she was running. After a while I went to start her again. Neutral light not going. Comes on when I press the elec start button. If I disconnect the rear brake light switch the fuel pump goes once. Management light stays on. Keep in mind it was all normal yesterday for a bit. I'd turn key on, decompressed, fuel pump worked mil light would turn off... Then after an hour or so she stopped. I did tap the engine into place while she was running...maybe roll over sensor...I dunno. It's weird. You don't have this with a carby!!!

Whooof !!  :o    Dude, what did you do !     Jusssss  kiddin'  ;)

OK, lets see......

"Indicators and horn work. No lights. Starter motor didn't work but I kicked her over and she was running. After a while I went to start her again. Neutral light not going. Comes on when I press the elec start button."

This to me sounds like you have a weak battery.... Likly from all the testing you have been doing.  I would check the voltage and charge the battery.    The neutral light may be coming on when you hit the start button, to let you know that you are not in Neutral !  And you need to shift it in to neutral.  That is normal.

"If I disconnect the rear brake light switch the fuel pump goes once. Management light stays on. Keep in mind it was all normal yesterday for a bit. I'd turn key on, decompressed, fuel pump worked mil light would turn off... Then after an hour or so she stopped. I did tap the engine into place while she was running...maybe roll over sensor...I dunno. It's weird. You don't have this with a carby!!!"

Yeah, yeah Carby's don't need good batteries  ;)   Again, battery related I think.  Lemme go look at the Schematic and see if there is a shared ground at the brake light switch and sensor's.  The brake light switch is a ground switcher I believe...... 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:58:04 pm by gashousegorilla »

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #74 on: February 08, 2016, 10:18:46 pm
Thanks ghg. I charged the battery overnight 3 days ago. Crap charger thOugh with no  volt meter. Might have needed more. I also just cant seem to find neutral however when the bike was running she must have been in neutral???