Author Topic: Mississippi Sidecar Rally April 2d 2016  (Read 5054 times)

mc35803

• Bulleteer
on: February 03, 2016, 03:11:12 pm
This is a copy paste post from the United Sidecar Association about a April 2d2016 sidecar rally in Biloxi, Mississippi.  Anyone with Royal Enfield sidecars in that area???

First -

The MS event/rally/show is shaping up to be a good one (I think). Kilometera - as far as I know, this is the first USCA event in MS. One sidecarist in MS regrets it being only a one day event. Hey guys, this is my first ever try at organizing something like this and I'm afraid I'll only have a handful of people show up. Except for the help being offered by the good folks at MS Coast Harley, this is a one man show. Might be best if I copied what I said on the in service thread here:

""Saturday I met with the operators of Mississippi Coast Harley Davidson. (coastharley.com)

They were very helpful and agreed to let us hold our event at their location. They regularly put on shows and special events. The owner's brother is a computer tech and is willing to help with getting the word out. They have put us on their calendar and added a link to sidecar.com on their web page. Hope this is okay with you all.

The event will take place on Saturday, April 2 starting at 9:00 AM and ending at 5:00 PM. Proposed events include:

Doughnut eating contest in the morning. He/she who consumes the most in a set period of time will receive the "Big O" award. Hope to have Krispie Kream donate doughnuts. Trophy provided.

People's choice award for best rig at show. All attendees get to vote. Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Hope to do a "road kill round up". They have the space, cones, etc. but have to check with their insurance company. Trophy provided.

People's choice for best looking monkey. Trophy provided.

Numerous raffles. Will sell tickets for each. Already have two dealers who are donating prizes. Some good stuff, like helmets, etc.
Will do my best to contact every motorcycle dealer in the southern part of the state.
Proceeds from raffles go to support the Shriners' Children's Hospital. Hope to have Joppa Motor Corps (Shriner motorcycle group) on site. I am a member.

Had hoped to do a poker run but don't think there will be sufficient time in one day with the other events. They like to do "Slowest ride" but that doesn't mean much with sidecars (?). Am looking for ideas for other possible events. Please give me some input.

I will contact every sidecar driver I know in the state with personal invite. There are only nine I know of. Admission will be free but to be in competition the sidecar team will pay $10 entry fee. (I have to pay for the trophies somehow.)

The Harley folks will have their regular food venders on site and there will be music provided throughout. I would like to do more but have no idea what to expect for a turnout. Considered T-shirts but I don't want to get stuck with a case of them. Wife ain't too happy about some of this.

Have invited Mobile Bay Vintage Motorcycle Club (mbvmc.org) to attend and advertise. I'm a member there also.

Will keep you all posted as things develop. Can you put this out through our website? ""

People are asking for a flyer and I have to get one designed and published PDQ. So I might keep this short for now. But please keep the ideas coming.

Mike Bodisch
MS State Rep
P. O. Box 9
Richton, MS 39476

Phone 601-788-7409
E-Mail bodischm@bellsouth.net

Miles

MrMike

• Bulleteer
  • ASA Lives!
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:05:47 am
For those of you who might be interested, this is shaping up to be a good event.  We have the date, time, place, etc. set.  We also have commitments from several motorcycle dealers and related businesses for merchandise for the raffles.  I'm working on more and hope to contact every related dealer in South MS.  Proceeds from the raffles will go to support the Shriners Hospitals for Children.  I have received inquiries from two other states so things might be bigger than expected.  If I don't have a breakdown and/or the wife doesn't get fed up and throw me out, this could be fun.....  :P

Mike in MS
2011 G5 Deluxe w/Kozi Rocket
2009 V-Star 950 Tourer w/Velorex 562
1999 Honda VT 1100 T w/Dauntless Tandem

MrMike

• Bulleteer
  • ASA Lives!
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:29:06 am
NOTICE TO ALL POTENTIAL ENTRYS

To compete in the competition during the First Ever USCA Mississippi Sidecar Ride In/Show/Rally/Event, you must have a sidecar, a monkey and the $10 entry fee.  Emphasis here being on the "monkey". 
If you cannot drag one down here with you, we can recruit one on site.  How can  you expect to compete in a Road Kill Roundup without a partner in the tub? 
Besides that, we need some good looking monkeys for "Best Looking" competition. 
Actually, that competition is totally separate.  Guess you could slip in different monkeys for road kill snatching and the good looks contest. 

Further coordination with the site host, MS Cost Harley-Davidson, indicates things are on track and developing at a fast pace. 
They are bringing in a good number of outside venders and expect a good turnout. 
Should have a lot of spectators since general admission is "FREE". 
Trophies are lined up and you can expect something special there (thank you Stacie at the Busted Wrench Garage). 
Baby Girl (also known as BUG for Back Up Girl) and I were out collecting road kill today. 
What can I say, there ain't no reverse on either of them rigs and I'm too old  to do all the pushing.   

So, come on down and enjoy some of that famous Mississippi hospitality. 

More later.

Mike in MS

mc35803

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 02:07:09 am
Really looking forward to this event.  I have posted this update on Soviet Steeds as well for those like me that will be attending on Urals........hope to see those with Royal Enfield hacks there as well as I am wanting to put one on my C5.
http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42875
Miles

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 04:14:15 pm
Please post on cyclesidecar.com
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

mc35803

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 03:57:46 am
Oops.  Sorry Kevin.  Will do.
Miles

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 05:01:18 pm
So that there is no misunderstanding, you are free and very welcome to post here. I was only suggesting that you ALSO post on cyclesidecar.com
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

mc35803

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 03:44:36 am
Thanks Kevin, I appreciate all you do for Royal Enfields.   I couldn't find a forums link on cyclesidecar.com
Miles

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 03:05:49 pm
Sorry - I mean the CycleSidecar Facebook page
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

MrMike

• Bulleteer
  • ASA Lives!
Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 04:25:18 am
Just to keep things active here: 
Got the insurance cleared.  We will have the "Road Kill Roundup".
Got the trophies (something different here also) lined up.
Still don't know what to expect for a turnout, but we are going to have fun anyway. 

;)

Mike in MS

Might even be able to raise a little money for the children's hospitals....

:)

MrMike

• Bulleteer
  • ASA Lives!
Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 03:41:34 am
A quick update.

Things are rolling along on prep for the rally.  Have collected a little over $1,000 in merchandise for the raffle with proceeds going to support the Shriners Hospitals for Children.  Have commitments from several groups to participate including Shriners Joppa Motor Corps, Christian Motorcycle Association, Combat Vets Motorcycle Association, Harley Owners Groups in three states, and more.  Just might be a fun time.  Come on down if you can. 

Mike in MS

;D

MrMike

• Bulleteer
  • ASA Lives!
Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 02:43:48 am
Well we survived the rally and did okay, I think.  Had twelve sidecar rigs show up from four states.  Best event was road kill roundup.  Meet some good people and promoted the sidecar sport.  Did not make much but learned a lot about organizing such things, had some fun, and did not go into debt.  Guess that makes it a success. 

By the way, my Enfield was the only one at the show. 

Mike in MS