Author Topic: new chrome brake plate from bullet Wala  (Read 2393 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 02, 2016, 08:14:17 am
I bought this brake plate aaaaagggees ago from bullet wala. my other one was a bit stuffed.
was a bit of an effort as the thread for pivot bolt and the axle diameter holes were a bit small.
today fitting it, i just jumped on my push bike and rode down the road to the local garage and the guy just did the thread for me for nothing. i moved to a small country town about 4 months ago. my gardens going nuts and im pretty much living off it and loving the slow life. cant waitn to ride around here. I reckon the chrome brake plates gonna look nice when the bikes all back together!

pmanaz1973

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 11:06:18 pm
i moved to a small country town about 4 months ago. my gardens going nuts and im pretty much living off it and loving the slow life. cant waitn to ride around here.

I bet that bike gets great milage like that  ;D 

I too live in the country and really like having a big garden and a slower lower stress lifestyle. You can save a ton of money by growing your own food and you know what is in it.  Riding in the country is much better in my mind.  I can go on a ride for the afternoon and see one or two cars the whole time.  It's almost perfect...now if I could teach all the wildlife to look both ways before crossing the road that would make it perfect.
1984 XL350R
1991 XR250L
1976 Harley XLH 1000
1993 CBR 600
1976 Norton Commando 850
1972 BMW R75/5
2014 Royal Enfield C5

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:44:21 pm
I bet that bike gets great milage like that  ;D 

I too live in the country and really like having a big garden and a slower lower stress lifestyle. You can save a ton of money by growing your own food and you know what is in it.  Riding in the country is much better in my mind.  I can go on a ride for the afternoon and see one or two cars the whole time.  It's almost perfect...now if I could teach all the wildlife to look both ways before crossing the road that would make it perfect.

Hey Pmanaz where are you exactly? Im in a place called Bundanoon NSW Australia. elevation 2000 feet. THis summer weve had really hot and today is pretty cold. love the climate. lit the fire this morning as we're in fog, rain and cold. Not overly cold but the misses is still in bed and shell like the fire when she gets up. my garden is going nuts and the weekly shopping bills getting less and less. Tomatoes(5 varieties and huge, Courgettes, Corn, Pumpkin, potatoes, Salads, cucumbers, Capsicum, beetroots, plus heaps of fruit trees, lemons, apples(4 varieties) plums(3 varieties), apricots, peaches, grapes, nectarines, strawberries, pears. Lost alot of the summer fruits to birds though. Everything else is netted now and safe from them! Different kinda stress aye! I moved here in sept and my bike came in the back of a truck. But if all goes well she'll be going on the weekend.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:49:17 pm
my garden is going nuts and the weekly shopping bills getting less and less.

Jeez - how do you have time for anything else?!?  That's some garden!

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:43:24 pm
Jeez - how do you have time for anything else?!?  That's some garden!

its all in the soil Matt.  Its really really good. Everything grows like crazy. When i was looking at a property this was the most important thing.  Clean, non town supplied flurodated/chlorinated water(i use the rainwater which is real good) I came to this area and the place was thriving. the house i bought already had established fruit trees. Once i got the netting up - which was essential, the works pretty much done. THe birds cleaned out all the plums, and stone fruits. every last one. THe nectarine tree had a bit of a problem so i unnetted it and the birds stripped it in a few days. it was loaded with fruit and kept them away from the good stuff while i netted everything else.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:45:57 pm by Sectorsteve »

pmanaz1973

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 03:38:55 am
I live in the northeastern corner of Washington Sate in a town of 5,000 people named Colville.  We are about at 1,600 feet with glacial valleys and mountains and lots and lots of pine trees.  Sounds like we live in similar places except I am at 48.54 N and 117.9 W. less coastal influence and more pine type forest - technically the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.   We get a fair amount of snow in the winter - I'm sitting in front of my wood stove as I write this.  I love wood heat - something about it makes living in cold climates worth it.  Looks like we can grow just about everything you can there except the lemons.  Seems like a place I'd like to come visit some day.  Nice canyons form what I can see on the internet and lots of state forests - sounds like home to me.   
1984 XL350R
1991 XR250L
1976 Harley XLH 1000
1993 CBR 600
1976 Norton Commando 850
1972 BMW R75/5
2014 Royal Enfield C5

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 04:21:57 am
I live in the northeastern corner of Washington Sate in a town of 5,000 people named Colville.  We are about at 1,600 feet with glacial valleys and mountains and lots and lots of pine trees.  Sounds like we live in similar places except I am at 48.54 N and 117.9 W. less coastal influence and more pine type forest - technically the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.   We get a fair amount of snow in the winter - I'm sitting in front of my wood stove as I write this.  I love wood heat - something about it makes living in cold climates worth it.  Looks like we can grow just about everything you can there except the lemons.  Seems like a place I'd like to come visit some day.  Nice canyons form what I can see on the internet and lots of state forests - sounds like home to me.

im really looking forward to winter. i love woodfire heat too.
From our place 20 min walk to big massive canyons and glo worm caves. our pop here is about 2500. Only 1.5 hours from the biggest city in the country. For us we could get this place cheaper than a 1 bed flat in sydney and we have so much space, cant see any neighbours. the towns friendly. love it.what im not lovin today is this snake whos decided to sun bake on the steps.. ive nearly stood on him twice!

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:35 am
That chrome plate looks smart  8)
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 07:53:01 pm
That chrome plate looks smart  8)

Yeah it does aye. The old one was battle green dunno why i put that on there. I like green but it didnt really go. Like alotta stuff you get online from India  the chrome plate needed some modification to work. Bikes pretty much all together. Had to charge battery overnight. Tomorrow  should be the day. Im yacht racing today , so todays out. Im not in a rush. Cant actually  ride til 18th when get license back anyway ????