Author Topic: 2005 Royal Enfield ES 500. Only 565 miles! Mint... Sale Price $3800.00  (Read 7082 times)

Peter

• Bulleteer
All I can see here is someone who offers what could be a sweet deal with a few aftermarket goodies thrown in. I think posting a list of the aftermarket parts would be a good idea.
I always liked it when something was offered in an enthusiast's setting.
Especially when it comes with an honest opinion.
That's really different from somebody going on and on with petty grievances.
Modeler obviously prefers to sell his motorcycle to someone who has an idea what this may be about and doesn't want to talk some schmuck into forking over his hard earned $$ not knowing what he's getting into.
That's not how I see RE's but that's how he sees it, and that's why he's offering it to us.
I appreciate that kind of thing.
So keep it coming.

Peter

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:54:46 am by Peter »

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22

The screw you referred to is the pilot jet.  It is not a main jet and does not effect anything after transition from idle.

Your owners manual has a section on adjusting the pilot in conjunction with the large knurled idle RPM adjustment knob.

Reading the book?   hmmm,  novel idea...I might just give it a go
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
It would be even more "Honest" if he mentioned what the problems were. They could run the gamut from "Crooked Tank" to Broken Crank"  We wont know until he tells us.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Peter

• Bulleteer
It would be even more "Honest" if he mentioned what the problems were. They could run the gamut from "Crooked Tank" to Broken Crank"  We wont know until he tells us.

Ring him up or send him an e-mail to get the details - if you are interested to buy.
He apparently ain't interested to bore us with the gory details.
That's again a good thing because I get bored easily.

Peter

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
response to erob123,

Shifting the RE is a bit frustrating when "new" but will vastly improve with time. There is an almost magical transformation at 1,200 miles!

For the meantime, don't shift it likes it's a Jap bike. Don't think that just because you dabbed down that it shifted. It's kinda like puttin' out the cat on a rainy night, ya' can't just open the door and expect the cat to saunter out. Gotta "persuade" it a little (boot in arse) then close the door before it realizes what happened. 1)Pull in clutch, 2) Push down on shift lever and hold it. 3) Then let out clutch. Eventually the tranny will get the idea.

Dying at lights...  The ever suffering Vince told me that Big Singles don't like being blipped nor do they respond well to blunt changes in throttle. So, if you've roared up to the stop light and chopped shut the twist grip...she's gonna stall. Ease on up to lights and stops in general. Finesse.

Think of that big piston in there, all by itself. No brothers to balance the playtime or the weight. It's going to take time to get it up to speed and it takes time to slow it down. Put a few marbles in a shoebox and shake it. Okay. Now, use a brick instead of the marbles. Big diff.

-Jesse, easin' on down the road (4,293 mi on 2006)
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
and i was able to kick start mine twice 2 day... brought a smile to my face :D

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
$3,800 for what its owner calls a "piece of crap"? :)

FOR SALE: One foot, slightly used, shot by owner...

I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

LJRead

We could rename this the OCBOF forum for "old crappy bike owner's forum"..  Question then would be are our bikes old and crappy or are we?  Maybe we all own crappy bikes and are just too far gone to  realize it. 

And maybe I'd better add this: ;D just to be sure ya'all know I'm jokin' - or am I?

Jon

• Bulleteer
Dunno but the young-uns knew bugger all when  I was a young-un