Author Topic: 2007 – RALLY ON THE RIVER / Royal Enfield Reunion  (Read 16567 times)

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
on: August 12, 2007, 04:18:03 pm
Here is a link to this years Rally on the river / Royal Enfield Reunion

http://www.interstatemotorcycles.com/2007Rally.htm

It is Sept. 28 – 30 2007 at Greens Campground (like always)
And I've never not had a great time there.
One thing that concerns me is it's held in conjunction with the Heartland Moto-Guzzi Associations Rally on the river and the last few years there have been as many Guzzi's there as there have been RE's. We need to change that so mark it on your calendar and make it a point to be there!!!!!!! You won't regret it.
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:36:51 pm
I second that!! This is a fun rally - I have attended every year since it started and intend to go again this year, if for no other reason than to see if CJ really owns an Enfield.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 01:42:34 am
Aside from a bad gearbox leak it's ready to go.
Don't have to worry about that side rusting.
Pic in members folder. The black one.
Homemade luggage rack, Highway pegs for my long rides.
Next week when I get my kid off to MSU I'll be able to get it out and take some pics
of the add-ons.
Lunch at the Feed Store Sat. High Noon.
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 02:05:17 pm
Well I think I'm ready for the Rally on the River, got everything packed up and now I'll ride around for a couple of days and see if it all stays put.  See ya Friday (knock on wood).
Leonard

[old attachment deleted by admin]
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 03:18:32 pm
Well I think I'm ready for the Rally on the River, got everything packed up and now I'll ride around for a couple of days and see if it all stays put.  See ya Friday (knock on wood).
Leonard

Ha, your bike looks like mine. I'm leaving Wed. morning.  Looks like rain all the way there for me.
Bike ought to look good after that.
See ya,
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 08:03:16 pm
Good looking bike. I really love the color.....Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:51:07 am
What a weekend!!!!!!!
I rolled in at 2:30 today, the same time I got to Green's last Thursday.
780 miles there with a total of 1633 miles for the trip.
Sorry but I can't spice it up with tales of motors exploding and wheels falling off Old Silver just putted along and the only thing I did to it was adjust the brand new chain when I got there.
I held it right at 65mph all the way there and used 1qt of oil and on the way back I held it at 60mph and it used 1/2qt of oil on the way back. Not bad for one of those inferior pre 6/99's eh?
Last night I stayed at a cheap motel in Indiana and there was one hell of a thunder storm during the night. I got up around 4:30AM and took a look outside and it wasn't raining so I decided to hit it while the hitting was good. By the time I got myself and the bike ready to go it was around 5:30 and still dark. I got around 25 miles north and noticed that the bike was sliding around on the road. I checked to see if the tire was going flat, it was not so I hit the road again. Still sliding around. Felt like I was riding in snow.
When it got light out it all came to me!!! I was in Yoderville and was sliding around on wet horse poop. A totally new hazard to me!
Enough about me, A great rally from one end to the other, not that that surprised me. Got to meet some good folks from this list and others and even ran into one of the old members of this list on the way there.
Great Weather
Great Food
Great People
Great Roads
And I think that I might have put the bug in Slam's ear about having bike wash girls there next year!!!
Now, I want to thank Bill, Greg, Kevin and Skip for having this great rally.
And the makers of Enfields, Parafon Forte, Naprosyn and Gold Bond Powder for getting me there!!!
I look forward to going again next year and hope to see a few more Enfields there too!!(hint)
CJ
P.S. The president of the Heartland MotoGuzzi Assn. Greg, did NOT trailer his bike there this year, my helmet is off to him!
P.P.S I am going to cross post this to another group, Too tired to type it out more than once. Sorry 
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 03:13:49 am
  I can only echo what CJ has said about the great time at the Rally.  This was my first rally and my first time camping since I was a kid and I will for sure be back next year.
  If you don't come to one of these I think you are missing an essential part of being a Royal Enfield rider.  There were only 10 Royal Enfields that showed up so the Moto Guzzis out numbered us by a long ways but they welcomed us with open arms and cold beer ($10 all you care to drink, hell of a deal).
  Interstate Motorcycles and CMW were very generous in their support of this rally and I for one appreciate it very much.  Thank You!
  Now I don't have anything cool to report like sliding around on horse poop.  I did have one backfiring episode but it seems to have sorted its self out without my help.  The only thing that broke was the muffler bracket.  I've enclosed a picture of the break and the temporary fix that got me home.  I rode 1002 miles, round trip, used one quart of oil and averaged 65mpg while riding 55mph.
  So next year, ride it, haul it, push or pull but get there and you'll have a fun time.
  I have more of my thoughts and pictures on my blog, go to my profile.....you know the drill.
--Leonard

[old attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 03:17:42 am by Leonard »

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 08:57:31 pm
For those of you who are interested, we just added some photos from the Rally to the photo gallery events section today.

Kevin had a great time. We'll have a buzz article about the event added to that area of the site soon, too.

Thanks to Interstate Motorcycles and all the riders that came out for the event!
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

Sixty5inILL

• Sucker for a Pretty Face
  • Scooter
Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 03:05:44 pm
Is there a date for next year yet?  I'm going to plan on getting down there on my '04.
I think we might have to pick up another Enfield for my wife though.. unless I finish my '67 Moto Guzzi 125 Sport but that will make for a long ride on that lil' guy.
'04 Bullet Sixty-5 Magic Black
'00 Bullet 350cc- bone stock, Athena Gray
'07 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600
'67 Moto Guzzi Sport
1979 Honda Twinstar CM185T
1983 Honda Shadow 750

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 04:27:47 pm
Is there a date for next year yet?

It has been the last weekend in Sep the last couple of years and I believe that is the date for next year.

StL_Stadtroller

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:33:38 pm
Is there a date for next year yet?

It has been the last weekend in Sep the last couple of years and I believe that is the date for next year.

Actually this was the 1st year for the new, later date. Previously it was late July I think? Way too damned hot for a rally in Mizzery that time of year.

Going forward, I beleive the plan is to keep it at the last weekend of September. Despite the fact that this conflits with my wedding anniversary and I will probably never be able to attend another one!  ::)  :'(
Brian Wittling, St. Louis, MO
Her Majesty's Own Royal Enfield Motoring Enthusiast Society
Member Emeritus
https://www.facebook.com/brian.wittling