Author Topic: My idea of a good afternoon  (Read 13097 times)

Emmet

• Tampa Bay Piper
  • Scooter
on: December 14, 2007, 11:28:27 am
Finally got a few hours just to myself; 80o+ and sunny; t-shirt riding weather. A pleasant relaxing slow chug down Gulf Blvd to Gator's on John's Pass; covered "Motorcycle Only" parking, a Guinness and a plate of hot stone crab claws right out of the steamer, dipped in butter, out on the deck in the sun overlooking the water watching the sea birds and boats come and go, listening to Allman Bros, Hendrix, Stones, Led Zep, Guess Who, followed by an equally pleasant satisfying slow chug back up the beach. An outstanding way to spend my afternoon off; only wish it was longer.

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
  • Use Small Words - I'm an Engineer
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 12:13:47 pm
Sounds perfect Emmet. I'm all the more jealous for being stuck at work in cold snowy weather!
2007 Military 500ES. 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 12:34:57 pm
Damn you Emmet.  ;) Look what I have to contend with and 5 inches of snow forecast tonight.

Finally got a few hours just to myself; 80o+ and sunny; t-shirt riding weather. A pleasant relaxing slow chug down Gulf Blvd to Gator's on John's Pass; covered "Motorcycle Only" parking, a Guinness and a plate of hot stone crab claws right out of the steamer, dipped in butter, out on the deck in the sun overlooking the water watching the sea birds and boats come and go, listening to Allman Bros, Hendrix, Stones, Led Zep, Guess Who, followed by an equally pleasant satisfying slow chug back up the beach. An outstanding way to spend my afternoon off; only wish it was longer.

[old attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:00:50 pm by Leonard »
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:02:54 pm

Oh you're KILLIN' me!  :D

Matt

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 04:20:30 pm
There should be some regulation of the bragging done by warm climate residents in winter..   It is freezing here, with flurries.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

Emmet

• Tampa Bay Piper
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 05:31:22 am
If it makes you feel any better, it'll be below 40o in the morning when I get off duty...at least there's a hot tub and a couple of fingers of single malt waiting for me when I get home.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:26:57 am
It didn't get to 40 degrees, all day today here. :(
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

Emmet

• Tampa Bay Piper
  • Scooter
Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 06:11:00 am
You'll probably feel a lot better about living in Indiana at the height of hurricane season.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 07:45:35 am
I have not been near a hurricane in a long while - a fact I don't want to change.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA

Emmet

• Tampa Bay Piper
  • Scooter
Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:31:02 am
The next time I see 75 MPH+ winds, I'd much prefer it was on the Weather Channel.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 06:11:59 pm
The worst hurricane force winds I have experienced in recent years, were one winter, in Oregon on the coast 123 mph winds...  very bracing.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA