Author Topic: A cheap new single  (Read 9501 times)

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 08:17:20 pm
The little bike has been making the rounds on the magazines I get. I had read the motorcyclist online  article. That was a funny one.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 12:16:35 am
Interesting.  It looks very similar to this one:

http://www.aktmotos.com/motos/turismo/ak-250-tt-adventour

AKT is a Colombian company.  They bring in "motorcycle kits" from China and assemble them here.  They've been growing by leaps and bounds and the folks I know that ride them are quite happy with them.  As per the market here most of them are in the 125-180 CC range.  They introduce the TT250 around the time I ordered the Rumbler. They cost more than the one in the original post, but they also quote higher HP and torque ratings.  I've NO idea what mother factory they come from, but what ever factory it is has turned out some really sturdy little bikes.  A  friend of mine had one of their 125's, one of the earliest versions, and put over 100,000 kms on it and only did regular maintenance.  I thing he changed the chain and sprocket a time or two, but never had to touch the engine.

And then there's Jialing...   ::)
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 12:54:14 am
Interesting.  It looks very similar to this one:

http://www.aktmotos.com/motos/turismo/ak-250-tt-adventour

And then there's Jialing...   ::)

The AKT Aventour is basically the same bike as the CSC RX3, minus fuel injection and a few other up-sourced parts that come on the CSC version. 

Joe Berk, the RX3 evangelist at CSC recently completed a multi-day circumnavigation of Colombia on the AKT Aventour  Here's a link to one of his blog posts which compares the two bikes:

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19482

And the Jialing. . .  I've never ridden one, but have seen them in person on one of my China trips.  I also know a guy from Hong Kong who rode one all around China without problems.  I really like their JH600-AB sidecar model.

Cheers,

Dan K.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:50:15 pm by DanKearney »

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 07:54:19 am
That is probably more than I ever wanted to know about Zongshen, Ice.   ;)

But thanks for posting, anyway.   :)

Wold have taken less space to say Zongshen has upped their game considerably and is aggressively pursuing a long term strategy to be a major player wouldn't it ?

:)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 01:43:13 pm

The AKT Aventou is basically the same bike as the CSC RX3, minus fuel injection and a few other up-sourced parts that come on the CSC version. 

Joe Berk, the RX3 evangelist at CSC recently completed a multi-day circumnavigation of Colombia on the AKT Aventour  Here's a link to one of his blog posts which compares the two bikes:

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19482

And the Jialing. . .  I've never ridden one, but have seen them in person on one of my China trips.  I also know a guy from Hong Kong who rode one all around China without problems.  I really like their JH600-AB sidecar model.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Thanks, Dan! 

The TT250 Adventour just came up on my radar back in October around the time I ordered the Rumbler 500.  Thanks for the link, his trip 'round Colombia came up with the search function and it was highly entertaining to read.  He definitely got a good look at the northern end of the country.  Seeing the sights through someone else's eyes is entertaining, especially when one's already familiar with much of what he's talking about.  His impressions of Colombian motorcycling are spot on.  ;D  I wish I'd known they were coming through here, although we were up close to Medellin when they came through our area.  It would have been fun to follow the blog as he went around instead of catching up on it all at once.

Again,  thanks for the link!
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 05:06:50 am
The Chinese are building some really tidy little bikes
We have a Sinnis Retrostar 250 in the stable (Wifey's bike). It's the same bike as the Mash 250 and the Herald 250. Built by Jinan Qingqi Motorcycle Co Ltd. Imported by Sinnis in the UK (Brighton, South Coast) Jinan Qingqi provide some of the big players with small capacity engines.

The bike is a real hoot to ride, torquey little thing but happy to rev fairly hard. It's got the same engine as the Suzuki TU250 (on a carb). Build quality appears to be along the same lines as small Jap machines. The chrome is nice and the overall finish very pleasing.
Only time will tell how it holds up to prolonged wear and tear.
But for £2300 on the road, I think it's great.
Krusty
Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 01:09:43 pm
I've been following this thread since it started, and that TT250 is really starting to grow on me.  I've always been skeptical of the Chinese bike's build quality, but it does appear the quality has greatly improved since those types of bikes started showing up 15 years ago.  Maintenance wouldn't be a problem for me as long as replacement parts and filters are available.

I've really been wanting a smaller displacement dual sport/supermoto.  Something that can can get me around bumper to bumper traffic, and be able to take up to the mountains and ride all the dirt roads and OHV trails my heart desires.  My biggest concern would be high altitude running, say 12,000 + feet above sea level.  It appears the TT is equipped with a carb, it doesn't say what style tho.  If it's a CV carb, it would probably be fine.  If not, it might limit me to staying under 10,000'.

Dan, do you know any details on the carb performance of the TT250?
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 01:06:34 am
I've been following this thread since it started, and that TT250 is really starting to grow on me.  I've always been skeptical of the Chinese bike's build quality, but it does appear the quality has greatly improved since those types of bikes started showing up 15 years ago.  Maintenance wouldn't be a problem for me as long as replacement parts and filters are available.

I've really been wanting a smaller displacement dual sport/supermoto.  Something that can can get me around bumper to bumper traffic, and be able to take up to the mountains and ride all the dirt roads and OHV trails my heart desires.  My biggest concern would be high altitude running, say 12,000 + feet above sea level.  It appears the TT is equipped with a carb, it doesn't say what style tho.  If it's a CV carb, it would probably be fine.  If not, it might limit me to staying under 10,000'.

Dan, do you know any details on the carb performance of the TT250?

I hadn't actually thought of that til you mentioned it Scotty.  I asked over on the TT250 thread on ChinaRiders.  Someone there might know.  Otherwise, I might contact CSC tomorrow.  I'm curious to know also.  My old Yamaha XT225 had a CV carb and ran just fine from 5,000' up to 13,000' +.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15357

Cheers,

Dan K.