Author Topic: Engine oil heater  (Read 7662 times)

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 12:49:18 pm
If you are parking your bike outdoors in sub zero temperatures, unless you " box in" the motor, any external heat from a low wattage heater will be quickly dissipated. In days of old I used to put a fireproof blanket around the engine of my bike with one of these paraffin sump heaters under the engine. It worked fine as long as the blanket was in place.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 03:38:58 pm
Now I'm liking that enfield twin propelled fun-mobile!  Does it steer and stop too?
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 03:56:42 pm
The Berkley 3 wheeler came with a 2 stroke twin as standard. The four wheeler had the Enfield super meteor motor in it. Uk licence regulations at one time allowed you to drive a three wheeled car on a motorcycle license. At one time you could pick up these cars for nothing so some enterprising individuals would put the meteor engine in the three wheeler, I sat as a passenger in one once and it was terrifying. Check out youtube "Berkley 3 wheeler" some nuts put an even bigger engine in one.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #33 on: December 25, 2015, 11:17:14 am
A big thankyou to krimp, because I looked at one of the links posted in this thread the retailer sent me an e mail with their product list which includes a circulating water heating pump which I can use in my domestic system, without having to rip out half my kitchen. Great where these things lead. :)

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream