Author Topic: First relatively long range ride on the Rumbler 500  (Read 2330 times)

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
on: December 10, 2015, 09:51:43 pm
Here's a link to a YouTube video with excerpts from a trip I took mid November. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu5n6NkUl-I

Subscribe to Andean.Rambler on YouTube if you'd like to see future trips down here North of the Equator and South of the Canal. 
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:58:16 pm
Cool!  Thanks for the ride!

What happened with that truck at the river crossing - did it break down half-unloaded?

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:15:06 am
Cool!  Thanks for the ride!

What happened with that truck at the river crossing - did it break down half-unloaded?

If you're referring to the one on the barge, it lost the bearings from the right rear drag axle a couple miles before the river.  I saw the parts there, and thought someone had repaired a tractor or something and left the old parts on the road.  Then I met the truck at the barge and they had a hard time getting him onto the barge because of the missing parts.  They'd already loaded the tires, but he had to get on and off with the axle as it was.  They were going to toss the tires onto the rear, but saw it was going to take more muscle than they thought, so they let me ride off before finishing unloading him.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 07:31:47 am
I really enjoyed that, sitting in the cold watching the freezing sleet falling from the sky, and the howling gale force wind trying it's best to rip the slates off my roof. Bah. :'(
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream