aboard

Author Topic: Need advice on a good modifier or mechanic for my 2009 Electra  (Read 595 times)

DariusChinoy

• Neophyte
Hi Everyone
I want to modify my 2009 Electra so that my girlfriend can start riding it. She is 5'2" hence her feet cannot touch the ground both sides. Can anyone suggest a good mechanic who can fit a thicker Tyre and ensure no complications with the chain sprocket and braking once modified. You advice will be really appreciated. I would like suggestions before I go to the big bad world of Karolbagh.

Cheers
Darius

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 10:23:54 am
Usually, a "thicker" tyre means wider so I assume that is what you are asking about.
The thing to remember is, the outside diameter of the "thicker" tyre is almost always larger too.

That would raise the seat height making the motorcycle less suitable for your girlfriend.

If you have the money to spend, there are shorter shock/spring units available for Royal Enfields.
Having the seat reupholstered to remove some of the padding can also be a method used to lower the seat height.  Talk to a shop who specializes in making custom seat covers.

Along that line, I know of several people who removed the seat cover and some of the foam padding themselves.  They then glued the cover back in place with a high strength contact cement like Weldwood, 3M or Pliobond.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary