Author Topic: No thump Himalayan  (Read 19388 times)

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:45 pm
Yes it is thankfully  ;)

But good tubes are hard to source, and tube amplification can be finicky.  It can also be dangerous to work on if you don't know what you're doing.  So those Japanese 'solid state' bikes have their place too.... ;)

Otto_Ing

Reply #76 on: November 30, 2015, 03:04:58 pm
Ya it is kind of two extremes which lead to nirvana. In both cases however the companies are run like gold mines although Mr. Lal did put "some" spirit back into RE.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #77 on: November 30, 2015, 03:40:55 pm
I'm an analog and tube guy.
I have a high-end fully manual Teres 320 turntable with with a heavy platter and an Origin Live Silver tonearm(modded), a Shelter 501 Mk2 moving coil cartridge, and a lot of vinyl.
Mitch Cotter moving coil cartridge pre-preamp.
Magus "C" modified and re-capped tube preamp with tube phone preamp section and remote power supply.
Custom one-of-a-kind David Berning low power tube amp, Output Transformerless ZOTL Single-Ended Triode type with Emission Labs Type 45 output tubes and 6NS7 input stage tubes, choke loaded, and operates off 12vdc to eliminate powerline grunge and fluctuations. 2 watts per channel of very clean Class A SET tube power. He built this for me, based on his SET ZOTL circuit for the David Berning Seigfried amp, but changed it to the very low power 45 output tubes and choke loading and 12vdc power. It is the only one of its kind.

Speakers are Lowther single driver systems in my own design of Voigt Pipe type cabinets with modifications.
 ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:43:34 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #78 on: November 30, 2015, 03:58:24 pm
You might be missing out Malky.  Buy the bike and not the hype I say.
The sporty of late is the same size and dimension as the old Pan Head Duo glide but has better and improved everything.

Quite the bike if you like pick your nose while riding one handed stability along with acceleration akin to a welly in the backside.  :D

You're right, a few of my friends have done the route 66 thing, and from what they tell me there is a "cultural difference" between our two countries regarding the "marque". Yours is positive. :)
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Otto_Ing

Reply #79 on: November 30, 2015, 07:17:53 pm
Speakers are Lowther single driver systems in my own design of Voigt Pipe type cabinets with modifications.
 ;D

Designing speakers is probably closely related to Airboxes for motorcycles.  ;D

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #80 on: November 30, 2015, 07:42:30 pm
Designing speakers is probably closely related to Airboxes for motorcycles.  ;D
Yep!
 :)
Home of the Fireball 535 !

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: November 30, 2015, 09:09:44 pm
Ace, I bet I'd love your sound system. I, too,  appreciate analog over digital. Some of my friends have more modest vinyl/tube set ups that I've listened to.....
sadly I don't have the funds -or room- for a proper audiophile system.  MANY years ago I designed sub boxes, but for every 1 person who wanted accurate reproduction, 99 wanted loud and boomy.  It got old quick
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods

Otto_Ing

Reply #82 on: December 05, 2015, 07:00:43 pm
I can't get over the feeling that from a market perspective the introduction of the himalayan is a "Johnny come lately" type of move and for that they moving rather slow. Judged on the speed things happen in India and the disregard for practical skill or one could say any skill at all it is however very fast.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:45:20 am by Otto »