Author Topic: The Best Exhaust I have Ever Heard On Any Of My Bikes Is On Today!  (Read 11100 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 11:54:24 pm
GULP! and sounds good too! ;D

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 02:13:23 am
The 2" outlet should work better, and not be overly loud.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 11:05:53 pm
I don't mind the bike being gutless, I knew that when I bought it. But I want it to sound good. It definitely has the potential to sound much better than stock. Unfortunately I can't afford to import a muffler from India or Australia. Will have to make do with something from the U.S.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 12:58:24 am
some members your way manage to get onto a Harley muffler for next to nothing. that's appears to be a good alternative and worth the hit.
as for that happening here I'd be very surprised if they would hand over the muffler under a hundred $$$$ - Harley riders here think their bikes  are the equal to top of the line cars.....well they think so....lol

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
I am now running the chrome version of this muffler on the new blue c5 and again I gotta say when you first kick the bike over with this - what a sound! :P
still think its the best muffler ive had on a bike ................and a very long way ahead of an efi version ;) and half to a third the price. plus I am rarely stopped by price so its a good muffler!

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #35 on: September 03, 2016, 01:28:22 pm
I installed this exhaust myself this week. I'm impressed, in terms of performance and sound. Maybe it is because I have the EJK as well. For the first time in my ownership of this bike, it sat comfortably at 80km/h - 50mph and just wanted to keep going. It was like it didn't require any effort to be at that speed.

It pulls well in all gears and acceleration is smooth. It is quite loud when you give it the beans. Good stuff.

I think these bikes are great. With subtle mods like these, and appropriate fueling, they perform so well. I'm quite sad that I didn't opt for something like EJK / PCV earlier.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #36 on: September 03, 2016, 04:09:23 pm
Free flow exhaust and inlet, and fueling adjustment to suit, whether on old carbed models or newer EFI models has always been a nice bang for the buck on a Bullet.

I would never keep it stock in those areas. It works so much better when you let it breathe.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: September 03, 2016, 08:34:05 pm
I think may have asked this before elsewhere, but does this kind of setup eliminate the on/off switch like feeling of the throttle in the first 5mm (ish) twist of the throttle? It's the only thing that annoys me the most of the bike. Tried the eliminator and the slight increase of air screw.

On the other hand, I have got used to not smelling exhaust fumes with catalytic convertors.

Reminded of the fumes firing the GPz up lol