Author Topic: the operation was a sucess and the patient lived  (Read 3801 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
on: August 12, 2007, 11:49:56 pm
spent just about all day in the garage finishing up the 300 mile check.. ;D
twas a very HOT day :o
The throttle and clutch cables were out of adjustment and the valves are still a little loud so I am going to adjust them the way Kevin said ,tomorrow.

It was a very satisfiying experience and I learned quite a bit. 8)
I'm certain as I continue , I'll get quicker and better

Thanks to all who chipped in with their help

After supper, I'm going for my 1st ride in a couple of weeks..It's just been too hot to think,work or ride around here

scotty

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:12:18 am
about 40 miles later I find myself home.. been running on reserve for about 7 or so  miles and filled up....2.823 gallons.. gas mileage with a shade less than 400 miles on the engine....72.263549 miles a gallon.. but I have had it up to 60..  jumps out of 4th gear every once and awhile .. going to drop the shift lever a notch,,I'm really having to reach to change gears
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:14:05 am by scotty »

gapl53

Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 04:25:23 pm
I had the same problem with the shift lever. Found out that my false neutrals went away after moving the lever down a notch. Reaching for the lever with my toe was causing some sloppy shifts.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 04:53:35 am
To help out on those sloppy shifts, try holding the shift lever in the up or down position until your clutch is released. It will stay in gear better......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!