Author Topic: Offical! Wildbill's Limited Edition Despatch........ Number 1 of 1.  (Read 56649 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #105 on: December 02, 2015, 01:23:45 am
could be GHG but after I clean out my bird aviaries as breeding season is getting close I will get into removing the headlight assemble and like any good test pilot - do test number 2.
the forum is lucky I have the time and effort plus the cash - cash side involves wasted gas burning up the highway test strip plus the hill climb - to put into such a worthwhile experiment :P

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #106 on: December 02, 2015, 01:37:14 am
  Oh yeah ..... all that blasting around daily, on them beautiful roads is just killin' ya I'm sure.  ::)  ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #107 on: December 02, 2015, 03:12:14 am
ready for test 2  ::)

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #108 on: December 02, 2015, 04:15:37 am
It is already looking faster  8)
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #109 on: December 02, 2015, 04:25:06 am
just waiting for a dispatch order for a despatch delivery...lol

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #110 on: December 02, 2015, 04:38:44 am
The torture of having to drive that LE must be unbearable... Oh, the humanity!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #111 on: December 02, 2015, 06:59:02 am
around 4pm orders came through so I took off on the final run to see if this Hitchcock's flyscreen was as good as I thought it was a couple months ago. wind conditions were pretty strong for here in the tablelands country and gusty up to about 25 mph. usually I wouldn't ride under these touchy condition as its more trouble to me than its worth.
first of all once on the road I could hear a much deeper note from the exhaust and I had my earplugs in too. first thought was the header pipe seal had shit itself. but not the case no doubt it was the flyscreen channeling the very deep exhaust note back towards me. not really sure how loud or how deep it would sound without the earplugs but I'd say -you'd get the message pretty quick...lol
anyway once out of town and on to the open highway I sat the right royal enfield with the right royal fuckwit riding it  on a 60 mph cruise and it was doing it pretty easy. on this trip rather than rely on a speedometer reading I bought along my suunto gps watch and as always its very accurate and takes a gps reading every few seconds.
thankfully this was a complete turnaround compared to my first run earlier today. my bike was running well and easily slicing through the head winds plus I was buffeted by some pretty good side winds. here a map of the chosen 40 mile route

once off the main highway and onto a little used back road I was able to move it along in a more spirited riding fashion. when you consider the head and crosswinds I had to deal with I think this move alone was a pretty good achievement.
just for the record outside temp was about 60 degrees and just to see if the flyscreen kept the chill factory off me I rode only with a t shirt and leather jacket  ...plus the friggin helmet etc.
I've been out on days like this before and after 10 miles or so I;d just say stuff it and turn around and head for home. but today was different and that flyscreen was indeed DOING IT'S INTENDED JOB!
actually very little wind was hitting me when I was riding straight into the head winds and once when I lifted the visor on the open face -there was not much difference either.
so there is no doubt the headlight peak combined with the grille and tape  had stuffed up the wind cheating ability of the Hitchcock's flyscreen  and once I had removed the crap it was back to how it should be performing faultlessly under very difficult and windy conditions. ;D
 what about the performance side. well again it didn't appear to make much difference if I was riding into the wind or with cross wind the bike just performed really well plus I still had good pick up.
one section I did a quick run to a bit over 70 mph gps reading and that's probably 75 or more on the speedometer ;D and I mean quick and if I didn't have such low miles  I would have let it rip a bit further!
plus it handled the burst very very easy and I tried this trial run while pushing into the headwind too.

so I stand by what I said originally. I think this is a good 5 mph add on and a great product for cutting into the breeze plus it looks 8)
it it worth the money.... $260 landed in Oz to sum maybe the tag is a bit high but riding with it today if they asked $500 -I'd buy it!....lol its a bargain.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #112 on: December 02, 2015, 10:11:27 am
could be GHG but after I clean out my bird aviaries as breeding season is getting close I will get into removing the headlight assemble and like any good test pilot - do test number 2.
the forum is lucky I have the time and effort plus the cash - cash side involves wasted gas burning up the highway test strip plus the hill climb - to put into such a worthwhile experiment :P

In gratitude I offer thanks to you Br. for your service to us all.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:21:13 am by Ice »
No matter where you go, there, you are.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #113 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:27 pm
ice
I must admit after that first run was completed when I returned  - I was not what you'd call very happy ;D I actually felt like unscrewing that flyscreen finding the hammer and smashing the shit out of it....lol now if that sounds harsh -tell that to the rolex I smashed to friggin bits one day......well that was a mistake I will never forget...lol
I even went back for a referral on my photo bucket photo files to see if they had changed the friggin design...lol
but all good. I don't think the mesh grille caused any drama. it was the tape and the peak. only reason for the tape the grille had a broken bracket.
now for those who like watches -don't feel bad about the one I done in - I still have its brother ;)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #114 on: December 03, 2015, 12:23:37 am
   Yes, excellent report Wildbill.  I am sold on the Idea !   An extra couple -few on the top end.....   AND I could ride without messing up my do !?   LOL !  Can't beat it, excellent stuff. ;)

BTW what DID that Rolex do to you to cause such harsh treatment ?! 

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #115 on: December 03, 2015, 12:41:19 am
well that one - a datejust wouldn't keep correct time. so although I've had about 10 of them - that one got me on a bad day....lol just because they are rolex Porsche bmw or any of the other crap I've had doesn't mean they are any good...lol
I wouldn't do that to the above day/date - 3 enfields wrapped around there ;) I don't think I would laugh about that ::)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #116 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:11 am
GHG
missed your important point -the test...lol one thing I can say regardless of what the item costs if I put it up and I say it works - I believe it works.
if I purchased it and say it failed I'd still write it up just like the comparison with it to the dx windscreen. I could have went into salvage mode and tried to flog the dx screen to some-one and said nothing ;) but its still in the end room gathering dust
by the way this is a far more important test with good results compared to some of the other forum crap I have read lately. huge replies and repeat answer over and over again like friggin cracked records ::) ::)
something comes up and a benefit to the riders and I ask the question -is it the price of the unit or the fuckwit who writes it!
well I am open to answers - let em rip.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #117 on: December 03, 2015, 03:10:29 am
   OK... Ok...  I'm with ya !   Don't get Wild .   :o   Hahahaha !  ;)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #118 on: December 04, 2015, 12:23:21 am
well todays a new day. I have fully recovered from what I thought was the worst day in my style of work I've had for a few years -hence the excitement.
I am used to running at around the $6 a minute mark and yesterday hit a rock bottom low of a miserable $1.50 a minute then came home looked at the forum -not much or very little interest in the test so that was a total waste of time too.
anyway time to re-group and get my act together. first off forget about this stupid test crap idea as I had plans to do the flyscreen and standard muffler test next but I have far more important things on my mind now
figure out what/where/how I went wrong and have another go over the next few days/weeks etc ;) hopefully this was a one-off event and I will recover unmarked for such a pitiful day.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #119 on: December 04, 2015, 12:46:46 am
 I'm still interested in the test wildbill .......