Author Topic: Offical! Wildbill's Limited Edition Despatch........ Number 1 of 1.  (Read 56251 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
mattsz
due to my short term memory loss GHG may or may not have said that about the bikes in question but I do recall a private message from him asking fitting instructions on how to install that $12 tachometer I purchased recently. ;)
never ceases to amaze me -these guys breeze through all the hard to do stuff but when it comes to wrapping the tachometer wire around a plug -they get stumped! ::) ::)
so shortly I too will be loading up a 32 page highly detailed exploded view tutorial -with a photo or two ;) or just one photo with another

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
   Alright, I'm sorry Wildbill I lost my cool.     But please, don't leave me hanging here !   :o   Do I wrap the wire clockwise, or anti-clockwise around the spark plug wire ?!  :-\      Hahahahhaha  !   ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
well this is where too much brain power can be a handicap. I have had several forum member pm about this exact predicament.
actually it matter very little or - not at all the direction of the wind. wrapping the wire 6 times tightly around the plug lead gave the correct reading on my tach at 1180 rpm at idle.
so I decided to experiment more and do a tight re-wrapped 5 times and the tachometer jumped to life and read 985 rpm so I then upped the scale and the wrap too 7 tight turns at hit the high 1375 at idle.
so come to the conclusion - the magic wrap number is 6 and shit before this gets out of hand ::) I certainly hope no-one takes this one seriously...lol

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
I've had these hitchcock winkers/blinkers...lol laying about for months now - had plans to put then on the black/chrome well that never happened...lol
I might give them a go on this and get rid of the oversize job to tone it down a bit. after that hit them with the good old matte black ;)
now all I require is the get up and go do it  ::)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
late this afternoon I thought I might as well start on painting and fitting the Hitchcock bullet indicators so managed to get the front 2 painted and fitted but not wired in

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Aaah! Much better!  ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
rear bullet lights painted matte black and wire in.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
I think this bike is starting to come together now - if this keeps up I might just have to keep it :o

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Seriously looking good, Bill!

If I may...
   What is the (looks like) light-colored mass between the rear wheel and the mudguard? Or is it just a trick of the light?
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
just a reflection of light from under the rear guard.
Hitchcock's mini flyscreen just arrived. now to get out the back and hit it with a coat of matte black paint and assemble the screen and fit it to the bike. I'd class this item alone as the very best add on - not cheap but well worth it

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #100 on: December 01, 2015, 07:27:04 am
started raining so just got it done or close enough

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #101 on: December 01, 2015, 11:14:13 am
Looks better every time I see it......a keeper.  :-\
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #102 on: December 01, 2015, 10:35:11 pm
thanks, just waiting now for the x army style saddle bags or deciding if I will go will the can type carriers

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #103 on: December 02, 2015, 12:52:16 am
flyscreen test ride

I did a 20 mile test run today with the flyscreen on and really couldn't tell any difference wind resistance wise to the bike on the way it ran. well it certainly had me stumped for a while as the other exact screen was so bloody good. while on the move I placed my left hand in front of the speedometer and when compared to last time the air was dead still -this time it was swirling about - although conditions were a bit windy.
so while sitting on my ass I got to do some thinking about this
conclusion. clean air! I am not getting clean air flow over the bike to give it the advantage that screen was originally designed for. I think the problem lies in

1. the headlight peak where the air flow first hits the bike and probably swirls off in all directions into the taped meshed headlight cavity or under the headlight or whatever.
now this never happened on the first bike as i had that clean air flow right from the very start. peak was removed when I fitted tri-bar headlight and I couldn't get it back on...lol
2. so today off comes the peak and the mesh grille plus the world war 1 battle tape tape...lol
3. after that try it out again.
this screen really works and works well so I will get this figured out as I know how important clean air is to cut though any type of wind resistance but today was not my day... ::)
 if you happen to placed one of these flyscreens on your bike with the peak still attached to the headlight rim - you'd really have no idea how much better the bike would be with it removed ;) but now I do ???

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #104 on: December 02, 2015, 01:12:05 am
    Ummmmmm ?....... I believe that effect you are experiencing is called  "  None-laminar cheese grating air flow "   :o    Bwhahahahahaha !  D'oh !   Sorry wildbill   ;D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.