Author Topic: Time for change  (Read 4058 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 01:52:47 pm
Alright her new owners is coming to pick her up this week.

Cool!
Please inform the new owner about the bottom end work you did. He will want to have my contact info if he ever wants to rebuild that bottom end with the bronze bush, because a stock bush will not work in that con-rod. Also, I would like to be able to monitor the lifetime of that bronze bush in the Australian conditions with a regular owner in normal use. Australia has typically been very hard to Bullets, and we are trying to overcome that situation.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 05:37:17 am
 And don't forget to give the address here to the new owner as well.  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 10:32:31 am
Cool!
Please inform the new owner about the bottom end work you did. He will want to have my contact info if he ever wants to rebuild that bottom end with the bronze bush, because a stock bush will not work in that con-rod. Also, I would like to be able to monitor the lifetime of that bronze bush in the Australian conditions with a regular owner in normal use. Australia has typically been very hard to Bullets, and we are trying to overcome that situation.

Yes your engine magic was the selling point, basically 'The big work is done'
Ill pass him on a full detailed list of parts and your infomation.

Im getting a CB250 Jade as the enfields stand in, different worlds. Inline 4 250cc water cooled, 45bhp and redlines at 16,000k!
Scored it cheap as its off a club member up north, have ridden it before and itll suit me fine until ill off my restricted license and get a Triumph ;)
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 01:26:34 am
Not familiar with the newer CB400. In the U.S. we had a bike called the CB-1, which was a 400cc inline four sport style standard. Looks like that bike was available in other countries with a full fairing as the CB400. I do remember the CB400F of the mid '70s, I had one for a couple of years. I believe it was the highest revving street bike of that time.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson