Author Topic: This will mess up someone's theory!  (Read 6226 times)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 06:36:34 pm
 So we're global cooling......again ?   :o
Seems like they change their story every ten years or so.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 07:01:59 pm
In the 70s, it was ...
"We are running out of petroleum "
"An Ice Age is coming"
" The Russians are coming"
Hit movie was..The Late Great Plantnet Earth.

No YouTube then .... ????
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:50:12 pm
It never ever really had anything to do with the climate.  It was always about control and taxation. The climate was a good scam because they could try to work that into control over  the entire world.
They never stop trying to make ever more grand scams to get control over as much as they can.

Let's face it. These gov't types can't do anything useful. They have to figure out ways to expand their parasitic tentacles in order to live large at working people's expense.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:54:10 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 08:30:08 pm
Further down the page there's an article saying the Arctic ice sheet had just been at it's fourth lowest summertime extent on record. So you can have it both ways...
If global warming is real (I'm not a global warming skeptic. The attitude of big business and fundamentalist christians says something to me) I guess the good thing is that we'll all be dead by the time it really comes home to roost and our children can bear the consequences. 
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 09:15:33 pm
In the 70s, it was ...
"We are running out of petroleum "
"An Ice Age is coming"
" The Russians are coming"
Hit movie was..The Late Great Plantnet Earth.

No YouTube then .... ????

Hah !!! Lollzzz !!!

Yes I remember the grim warnings then from "science" and the media about not having enough oil to reach the year 2000. ::)

BTW
 In the 60's it was the earth was getting hotter because the sun was slowly spooling up in preparation to go super nova.

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 10:29:53 pm
[quote author=Ice link=topic=22710.msg256901#msg256901 date=1446498933

BTW
 In the 60's it was the earth was getting hotter because the sun was slowly spooling up in preparation to go super nova.
[/quote]

I thought if you remember the sixties you weren't there..... :D
Sic se res habet: fractum est...

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 11:44:37 pm
Zwally’s team calculated that the mass gain from the thickening of East Antarctica remained steady from 1992 to 2008 at 200 billion tons per year, while the ice losses from the coastal regions of West Antarctica and the Antarctic Peninsula increased by 65 billion tons per year.
   So how does this change things? It ain't gettin colder !
And in Aus at least, the govt is doing it's very best to ignore the science on climate change , not use it as an excuse to control us .

"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 12:11:07 am

"“We’re essentially in agreement with other studies that show an increase in ice discharge in the Antarctic Peninsula and the Thwaites and Pine Island region of West Antarctica,” said Jay Zwally, a glaciologist with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, and lead author of the study, which was published on Oct. 30 in the Journal of Glaciology. “Our main disagreement is for East Antarctica and the interior of West Antarctica – there, we see an ice gain that exceeds the losses in the other areas.”

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 02:06:55 am
AussieDave

If they do it like they are in the USA, you won't see the control.

The government sells Carbon Credits to the companies, especially power producing companies that are burning oil, natural gas or coal.

The carbon credits don't do anything but by buying them the companies can keep on burning oil, gas or coal just like they always did.

Of course, the companies aren't going to lower their profit margins so instead, they just raise the prices of the stuff they sell.

The companies are happy and can brag about how they are "Saving the Earth" at no cost to them, the government is happy because they are "Saving the Earth" and they are making money hand over fist and the people are happy because, "The Government is saving the Earth, cleaning up our air so we can all breath and punishing those nasty companies for making all of this pollution."

You will note, the people (being gullible but not to bright) don't notice they are paying for this big scam. :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 10:18:30 am
Arizoni,

You are correct. I am retired from a power producing company, during the most recent stock holder meeting I attended the statement was made that power rates could easily quadruple if and when the carbon credits are fully implemented.

Gives you a very warm fuzzy feeling every time the government decides to help, and it only takes a few dollars out of your pocket.

Grant
2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT
2014 Royal Enfield C5 With Cozy Euro Sidecar

solg

• Grease Monkey
  • /Users/solgualtieri/Desktop/165532_489778052839_61
Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 12:14:17 am
And behind it all pulling the shot callers strings are those who are really in control. The Illuminati!
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. FZ

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 09:02:02 pm
BTW

Did anyone catch THIS bit of news a few weeks ago that very quickly seemed to fade away?

http://astronomynow.com/2015/07/17/diminishing-solar-activity-may-bring-new-ice-age-by-2030/

Which is back where we were 40 years ago, isn't it?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 09:05:45 pm
Did anyone catch THIS bit of news a few weeks ago that very quickly seemed to fade away?

http://astronomynow.com/2015/07/17/diminishing-solar-activity-may-bring-new-ice-age-by-2030/

A.
Yes, I saw it. That certainly contradicts the global warming lies.
It's just more proof that the politicians will do or say anything to get more money and power.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 04:10:53 am

A.

And let us not forget Paul Ehrlich and Earth Shoes and The Whole Earth Catalog and geodesic domes and Fisher Papa Bear woodstoves. And the weather was underground then  ???
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.